Has anyone gone up a C&A Level after completing the first B2B?

I asked this once upon a time. I thought perhaps someone out there had gone through this experience since that time.

Here is my situation:

We are doing a B2B2B on the Monarch at the end of this month. After the completion of our first cruise on said B2B2B, we will move from Gold to Platinum. I was wondering if anyone else had any luck with the LA onboard of getting the new C&A level of coupons as well as credit back for the remaining 2 cruises since we are in a JS and would then qualify for the Platinum balcony discount.

Please if you have had experience and can figure out what the heck I'm talking about, I welcome any and all feedback.

Does this make sense? I apologize if it doesn't. I am writing this while answering over 100 calls per hour. LOL Feel free to ask me to clarify something if it doesn't make sense. It won't offend me! Unless of course you're mean about it. :D :eek:

I asked this once upon a time. I thought perhaps someone out there had gone through this experience since that time.

Here is my situation:

We are doing a B2B2B on the Monarch at the end of this month. After the completion of our first cruise on said B2B2B, we will move from Gold to Platinum. I was wondering if anyone else had any luck with the LA onboard of getting the new C&A level of coupons as well as credit back for the remaining 2 cruises since we are in a JS and would then qualify for the Platinum balcony discount.

Please if you have had experience and can figure out what the heck I'm talking about, I welcome any and all feedback.

Does this make sense? I apologize if it doesn't. I am writing this while answering over 100 calls per hour. LOL Feel free to ask me to clarify something if it doesn't make sense. It won't offend me! Unless of course you're mean about it. :D :eek:

Erin, I wish I had better news for you.

On our B2B this past February on the AOS, the 2nd week was my Diamond qualifying cruise - I spoke to the LA and was told there was nothing they could do because C&A credits are based on completed cruises, and that in order to move up to the next level - the information has to reach Miami and they are the only one's that can authorize a move to the next C&A level. I know what you are saying though.....after your first cruise, you still have 2 left to go. You can try to deal with LA onboard, but I don't think you will have much luck. It seems as if their power is quite limited!! What they might do for you, out of courtesy maybe, is give you the next level's coupon booklet. I would say it is highly unlikely you will see any credit for the remaining 2 cruises. Looks as if you are "stuck in the middle"

Good Luck!!! :)

We will face that situation in Dec. Upon completion of our first leg we will become Diamond. According to C&A all we will need to do is get in contact with the LA and our SeaPass will reflect Diamond and we will receive the updated coupon books. I guess it would also be nice to know if the additional discount will kick in also. Hopefully someone will answer before you go. If not it would be great if you could post an update. Thanks.

Well after reading the post from ckrobyn maybe the info I received from C&A is not 100% accurate. But the cruise that gives the upgrade (1) will have been completed. So hopefully part 2 is upgraded.

On our B2B this past February on the AOS, the 2nd week was my Diamond qualifying cruise - I spoke to the LA and was told there was nothing they could do because C&A credits are based on completed cruises, and that in order to move up to the next level - the information has to reach Miami and they are the only one's that can authorize a move to the next C&A level. I know what you are saying though.....after your first cruise, you still have 2 left to go. You can try to deal with LA onboard, but I don't think you will have much luck. It seems as if their power is quite limited!! What they might do for you, out of courtesy maybe, is give you the next level's coupon booklet. I would say it is highly unlikely you will see any credit for the remaining 2 cruises. Looks as if you are "stuck in the middle"

Thank you! If they would even give us the coupons, I think I would be happy. It's not a huge deal if we don't get the refund as they're short cruises, and that's what, $50 per cruise? Not that it wouldn't be nice.

It may depend on the Loyalty Ambassador from what I have read on here in the past.

I did a back2back this past January on the Explorer. We moved from Gold to Platinum after the first cruise. The LA told us to come back at a certain time on the first day of the second cruise. The LA put a sticker on our seapass that said platinum. We received the Robes in our room later that evening along with the platinum coupon books. She said she couldn't do the balcony platinum discount for our second cruise because the cruise credits have to post to the main system first. I didn't argue it. I was happy with getting the benefits for the second cruise.

Thank you! If they would even give us the coupons, I think I would be happy. It's not a huge deal if we don't get the refund as they're short cruises, and that's what, $50 per cruise? Not that it wouldn't be nice.

Yep, it's a happy time :) Just let the LA know what you are doing and he/she will take care of you. Also let the Guest Relations Manager know you are on a B2B2B. The B2Bers are a "normal" deal but three in a row will make you part of the family. Enjoy :)

Yep, it's a happy time :) Just let the LA know what you are doing and he/she will take care of you. Also let the Guest Relations Manager know you are on a B2B2B. The B2Bers are a "normal" deal but three in a row will make you part of the family. Enjoy :)

Thank you! Glad to know you've had a good experience with this.

I'm getting soooo incredibly excited.

We will be doing kind of the same thing in Jan. We are doing a 4 night on Sovereign in a JR. Suite to get the 2 credits needed to move up to diamond. Then 2 days later going on the Mariner. I was told by C & A to have the LA on Sovereign call or E-mail the LA on Mariner to have us upgraded in the system.

I will have 2 days in between my cruises so I will be calling C & A directly before we board the Mariner to make sure they have our diamond status listed.

Just a suggestion.....when you arrive in port between your B2B, call C & A directly and ask if they can manually update the system....Good Luck.

Happy Cruising...:)

1st leg of B2B on Sovereign - Gold

check-in (reprocess) for 2nd leg - status still Gold, port agent said talk to the LA

found LA feverously preparing for next voyage and she time out to trade in my Gold C & A savings book to the Platinum one, give me a Platinum pin (which no longer is being handed out, at least not on Freedom, neither are the diamond pins), and put a Platinum sticker over the word Gold on my Seapass card for the 2nd leg of my B2B.

2nd leg of B2B on Sovereign - Platinum

Erin,

We just went through the same thing on our recent B2B going from Platinum to Diamond. As stated previously, the LA can put a sticker on your card and make sure you get the appropriate "perks" as far as coupon books and robes.

We were also told by C&A to call back about two weeks before the cruise and they would apply the better discount. Happily, our TA called me about a month before we left and told me they'd already deducted the extra $100 for our second week.

Congrats on your new status and enjoy your trip. Don't forget, you'll now be priority waitlisted for lifeboats in the event of an emergency. :D

It may depend on the Loyalty Ambassador from what I have read on here in the past.

I did a back2back this past January on the Explorer. We moved from Gold to Platinum after the first cruise. The LA told us to come back at a certain time on the first day of the second cruise. The LA put a sticker on our seapass that said platinum. We received the Robes in our room later that evening along with the platinum coupon books. She said she couldn't do the balcony platinum discount for our second cruise because the cruise credits have to post to the main system first. I didn't argue it. I was happy with getting the benefits for the second cruise.

Basically OT, but what a great attitude you have.:) So many times, we all push for "more" when we believe (and sometimes are) entitled to it. In this case, you got some goodies and let that make your second leg more special, rather than stewing over the fact that the LA couldn't/wouldn't give you the Platinum discount on the second leg.

(You don't know me; I don't know you. I know this is not terribly meaningful. It's just that there is so much negativity in the world that it's a real pleasure to see/read such an upbeat post.)

beachchick

I think your situation was different. Had you qualified for Diamond after the first leg of your B2B, then the LA would have been able to give you all the Diamond benefits for the second leg. Because you qualified after the second leg, it was treated just as any other cruise would be: You qualified for the credits after completion of the cruise (in your case, the second leg of your B2B). For EggDropErin, the qualifying cruise is the first leg of three. She should qualify as Platinum for both of the remaining legs. (Now, here's an interesting hypothesis. If Erin has four credits now and is cruising in a JS or above for all three legs, then she would qualify for Diamond after the completion of the third leg of her cruise: 4 current credits (Gold) + 2 for first leg (Gold, but Platinum after) + 2 for second leg (now Platinum) + 2 for third leg (still Platinum) = 10 (Diamond) after her B2B2B. So, how about it EggDropErin? Any such luck for you?);):D

But ckrobyn, your good news is that you're Diamond now!:D

beachchick

I think your situation was different. Had you qualified for Diamond after the first leg of your B2B, then the LA would have been able to give you all the Diamond benefits for the second leg. Because you qualified after the second leg, it was treated just as any other cruise would be: You qualified for the credits after completion of the cruise (in your case, the second leg of your B2B). For EggDropErin, the qualifying cruise is the first leg of three. She should qualify as Platinum for both of the remaining legs. (Now, here's an interesting hypothesis. If Erin has four credits now and is cruising in a JS or above for all three legs, then she would qualify for Diamond after the completion of the third leg of her cruise: 4 current credits (Gold) + 2 for first leg (Gold, but Platinum after) + 2 for second leg (now Platinum) + 2 for third leg (still Platinum) = 10 (Diamond) after her B2B2B. So, how about it EggDropErin? Any such luck for you?);):D

But ckrobyn, your good news is that you're Diamond now!:D

beachchick

Yes indeed. You are very good at your math. LOL

Yes indeed. You are very good at your math. LOL

:D Thanks. It's good to know I can still do simple addition--I'm not sure I could do a whole lot more these days.:p Of course, I should have realized that you would want the same cabin for all three legs. Since you mention that your first leg is in a JS, it seems reasonable to assume that you probably would be for all three legs.

That is so cool for you to go from Gold to Diamond over the course of a B2B2B. Way to go!:D

beachchick

Here is my situation:

I went on a b2b, my first cruises with RCI, in August. On the first day of our second cruise we went to visit the LA and she signed us for C&A. We got the vouchers, invite to the welcome back party and the welcome back gift so if they can sign you up there and then I don't see why you can't jump a grade and get the vouchers too, as for getting a refund for the balcony credit I don't know but I wouldn't have thought it likely. RCI are not know for their giving nature!

:D Thanks. It's good to know I can still do simple addition--I'm not sure I could do a whole lot more these days.:p Of course, I should have realized that you would want the same cabin for all three legs. Since you mention that your first leg is in a JS, it seems reasonable to assume that you probably would be for all three legs.

That is so cool for you to go from Gold to Diamond over the course of a B2B2B. Way to go!:D

beachchick

Thanks! :D

I went on a b2b, my first cruises with RCI, in August. On the first day of our second cruise we went to visit the LA and she signed us for C&A. We got the vouchers, invite to the welcome back party and the welcome back gift so if they can sign you up there and then I don't see why you can't jump a grade and get the vouchers too, as for getting a refund for the balcony credit I don't know but I wouldn't have thought it likely. RCI are not know for their giving nature!

Very good. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Archived