Do you use it?

IflyWithDi

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on December 18th on the Victory, with our two daughters (15 and 18), so I'm certainly no spring chicken, but I will be using the topless deck. Hubby and I grew up in Europe as military brats and I had spent some time on nude and topless beaches. It feels great and honestly, nobody really cares what you look like. Besides, I'm so little in that department, that if someone wants to look they will have to stare just to get a glimpse.

I'm one of those Carnival pays not to take off her top. However, a few years back we were in Germany with the US Army and my 19 year old son visited his first nude beach with great anticipation. His first was his last time as he saw way too many topless who shouldn't have been and very few who should.

Just wondering how many people get use out of the topless deck.Or how many think about using it .Or how many never would even if paid.

I did not know there were topless decks! I'm in! Now if only I can deter the Euro fiance from wearing his speedo...

I did not know there were topless decks! I'm in! Now if only I can deter the Euro fiance from wearing his speedo...

If you need help, I can assure at least a hundred of us (both male and female) will back you up. One idea- Try writing something official looking like "males wearing 'naner slings will be disembarked from the ship while underway, or hung from the yardarm, or something of that ilk on CCL letterhead:D

Just ordered my first two piece swimsuit in 20 years. That and a toothbrush and I'm all packed.

Well, except for my bottle of contraband booze.

Oh, yeah, the baby oil. Can't forget the baby oil.

Almost forgot the Jimmy Caps - I'm single this cruise, don't ya know.

Oh h*ll. Might as well bring a suitcase.

If you need help, I can assure at least a hundred of us (both male and female) will back you up. One idea- Try writing something official looking like "males wearing 'naner slings will be disembarked from the ship while underway, or hung from the yardarm, or something of that ilk on CCL letterhead:D

Note to Tim - Do not under any circumstance use the term 'naner slings and hung in the same sentence.

Just ordered my first two piece swimsuit in 20 years.

Hopefully it was from ALS or hanky style :D

Why not? I think it is an appropriate punishment for subjecting the general public to views of the family endowment fund.

Be that as it may...it's still very painful to read it:eek:

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our third cruise on CCL. We were on the Fantasy and there were an extraordinary number of kids on there for October. They need to be in school learning to read because evidently quite a few of the little boys flunked reading. They couldn't read the sign that says "Adults Only". My hubby spent most of the day at sea watching for kids to come up the steps and alerting me so I could cover up.

Carnival should make the gate locking so your s&s card would open it and encrypt the childrens cards to not work it. My hubby was disappointed because there were very few women taking advantage of the topless area. 3 years ago we were on the Fantasy in October and on the sea day the topless area was really crowded. This time there were less than 10 women total for the day. (Maybe they saw all the little brats running up the steps.)

We just returned from our third cruise on CCL. We were on the Fantasy and there were an extraordinary number of kids on there for October. They need to be in school learning to read because evidently quite a few of the little boys flunked reading. They couldn't read the sign that says "Adults Only". My hubby spent most of the day at sea watching for kids to come up the steps and alerting me so I could cover up.

Carnival should make the gate locking so your s&s card would open it and encrypt the childrens cards to not work it. My hubby was disappointed because there were very few women taking advantage of the topless area. 3 years ago we were on the Fantasy in October and on the sea day the topless area was really crowded. This time there were less than 10 women total for the day. (Maybe they saw all the little brats running up the steps.)

• 1 month later...

I intend to use the topless deck as well, unless there are a lot of kids. I too am not in the Christie Brinkley category of woman but am not ashamed of myself, either. I've not heard, but I suspect that if men go up there expecting a layout from a few gentlemen's magazines they might be disappointed. Afterall, airbrushing only works on paper, not the real thing ;)

See ya up top as well!

'Naner slings...OMG, someone hand me a "hankie" to wipe the Coke off my puter screen!:eek:;)

Archived