packing snorkel equip........

wilson9112

We always take a big rolling duffle bag for all the extras, including snorkel equipment. Ends up being mostly shoes, some canned sodas, some "water", and a few other things. We use the extra space for any souvenirs we pick up along the way. We drive when we cruise so weight allowance is not an issue. If you fly you may want to consider renting gear.

I pack my own gear. Who know who has been using the snorkeling equipment. It's much more safer/cleaner to use your own gear.

I second that..all those people using the same stuff...yuck

just something to think about..my sister told me that any sport equipment...such as golf clubs are not accounted in for your weight at some airports...so I am thinking ..does snorkelling count as a sport equipment...call you airline and see..

I second that..all those people using the same stuff...yuck

just something to think about..my sister told me that any sport equipment...such as golf clubs are not accounted in for your weight at some airports...so I am thinking ..does snorkelling count as a sport equipment...call you airline and see..

I don't worry about this issue, I just like using my own equipment that is typically a tad higher quality than the rentals in some areas. Mine are in a mesh bag that I put in a sports bag and carry on.

We bring our own mask & snorkel for the reasons above, but we don't pack the fins because of weight and bulk. We find we don't really need them with the shallow, calm carribean waters. If you want you could always rent just the fins.

We bring our own mask & snorkel for the reasons above, but we don't pack the fins because of weight and bulk. We find we don't really need them with the shallow, calm carribean waters. If you want you could always rent just the fins.

Really, I didnt know I could do that. I thought you had to rent the entire set up. Good to know! Thanks:D

Wilson9112, I agree with the other poster who suggested taking your own masks and snorkels. DH and I have done that and use the snorkel fins/vests the excursion purveyor provides if we want them.

On our upcoming cruises we plan to snorkel often and I wouldn't want to use public equipment so many times. Maybe once, but not when the cruise is right in the middle of snorkel heaven. I'd rather leave a pair of shoes at home so I can pack my mask and snorkel in my suitcase. They fit in beautifully with clothes protecting them.

Have a great cruise!!

:):):) ninkb

Wilson9112, I agree with the other poster who suggested taking your own masks and snorkels. DH and I have done that and use the snorkel fins/vests the excursion purveyor provides if we want them.

On our upcoming cruises we plan to snorkel often and I wouldn't want to use public equipment so many times. Maybe once, but not when the cruise is right in the middle of snorkel heaven. I'd rather leave a pair of shoes at home so I can pack my mask and snorkel in my suitcase. They fit in beautifully with clothes protecting them.

Have a great cruise!!

:):):) ninkb

Thanks, thats what Im going to do. I really didnt know you can just rent the fins from the on board shore excursion. :D

We haven't had to rent . . . our excursions have said that equipment is provided. So we just take the parts we want to use. :):):)

Oh, Ok! I have a beach excursion scheduled but snorkel equip is not with it. So, I guess I will just bring all but the fins (to bulky)! Thanks for the heads up:D

Almost everybody has equipment to rent but who knows what you are getting? The stuff is everywhere though.

As others have suggested -- bring your mask & snorkle, then rent just the fins. I'm OK with the amount of disinfectant used for something I put on my feet . . . in my mouth, no way. :eek:

Archived