NY outlet shopping

CDNcruisers

Need help deciding where to shop. Driving to NYC and will be arriving 2 days prior to cruise departure.

How do the Secaucus outlets differ from the ones in the Woodbury Common's Mall. I read Secaucus was a well kept secret! There seems to be way more available @ the mall and I wonder if the prices are better there too? Can only spend one day on shopping...otherwise would try both.

Thanks,

Louise

Secaucus is much closer to NYC. I think the outlets are spread out so you need a car, as opposed to Woodbury Commons where the outlets are all together in a shopping center. Besides Woodbury Commons there is also Tanger Outlet Center which is out East on Long Island, also a far drive. Woodbury Commons and Tanger Outlets are over an hour drive away from Manhattan whereas Secaucus is a hop, skip and a jump. As for prices being better in Secaucus, I have no idea.

Woodbury commons has a better selection and some stores that are no where else(like NorthFace). Tanger is ok as is Jersey Gardens just south of Newark Airport. Secaucus is over rated....and is not a well kept secret or a well kept anything for that matter. You can do as well at Macy's on sale sometimes. BTW out of towners are entitled to a 13% percent discount on pretty much everything by getting a pass from customer service(all I know is that this is available at the Herald Square store.)

Need help deciding where to shop. Driving to NYC and will be arriving 2 days prior to cruise departure.

How do the Secaucus outlets differ from the ones in the Woodbury Common's Mall. I read Secaucus was a well kept secret! There seems to be way more available @ the mall and I wonder if the prices are better there too? Can only spend one day on shopping...otherwise would try both.

Thanks,

Louise

I also see you are driving down so are probably going down I-87. Where the last exit is happens to be where Woodbury is so it is quite easy. Parking is wicked but be patient. I guess the only advantage of NJ is the lack of taxes on clothing. I often consider and have jumped the line to gain that advantage but not now with gas prices! :0) Have a great time!

I also see you are driving down so are probably going down I-87. Where the last exit is happens to be where Woodbury is so it is quite easy. Parking is wicked but be patient. I guess the only advantage of NJ is the lack of taxes on clothing. I often consider and have jumped the line to gain that advantage but not now with gas prices! :0) Have a great time!

except for around Christmas parking is only wicked on the weekends....IMO...NY also has changed its rules on sales taxes on clothing and its no tax for clothes under $110....soon to be unlimited....

If you are going to be driving down and will be right by Woodbury Commons then by all means stop by there.

I also find that there are so many places to shop in Manhattan where you can get great prices. Not just Macy's (which is a MUST) but also Century 21.

If you only have two days in NYC I certainly wouldn't waste one of those days outlet shopping when there is such fabulous shopping in Manhattan!

Try:

Fish Eddys

Pearl River

H&M

Daffys

Syms

Loehmmans

Boltons

Century 21

Barney's Co-Op

Also, Bloomingdales and Macys have fantastic sales.

You are a wealth of information! Thank you so much. I wont waste my time in Secaucus. Will stop @ Woodbury since it is so close to the highway and have a look, might consider shopping there on the way home instead of on the way in. That would leave me more time to enjoy NYC before the cruise.

Sooooo excited...only 11 more sleeps!

Louise

You are a wealth of information! Thank you so much. I wont waste my time in Secaucus. Will stop @ Woodbury since it is so close to the highway and have a look, might consider shopping there on the way home instead of on the way in. That would leave me more time to enjoy NYC before the cruise.

Sooooo excited...only 11 more sleeps!

Louise

just do not shop there the day after thanksgiving....

just do not shop there the day after thanksgiving....

DITTO! That would be VERY bad......the day after thanksgiving should be a day of rest! thankfully i got the h#!! outta retail! when customers stop lining up at 4 for a 5 AM opening stores will go back to opening at 7 AM!

Took us nearly 2 hours to get out of the parking lot last year. CRAZY!!

Great bargains on designer goods but definitely not worth it during the holiday season.

I rarely go to Woodbury commons and definitely not at this time of year....and with the economy the way it is there will be more discount shopping....look for big sales at the department stores....

Took us nearly 2 hours to get out of the parking lot last year. CRAZY!!

Great bargains on designer goods but definitely not worth it during the holiday season.

The last time I went down there I FINALLY got a parking spot that another obviously felt was rightfully theirs and they proceeded to threaten that when I came back my car would be keyed! I retorted that it was nice of them to inform me so I knew who to report as I took down their plate number.

DITTO! That would be VERY bad......the day after thanksgiving should be a day of rest! thankfully i got the h#!! outta retail! when customers stop lining up at 4 for a 5 AM opening stores will go back to opening at 7 AM!

woodbury commons opens at 12:ooam yes thats right midnight for black friday shopping!!

I will be flying in from the UK and anxious to try out that NY shopping experience. Macy's I know about as I was in the store briefly when I did a BTB sailing on the QM2.

Only had just over an hour but I did manage to get the things my 2 older grandchildren wanted.

Most of the day was taken up in a general City tour but this time I hope to do more.

My hotel is at Times Square so should be pretty handy for the best shopping or have I got that wrong?

Sue

Archived