Who Would Be Your Choice for Tablemate?

NorCalCruiseGuy

I remember a post a while back that asked if diners are grouped according to age group. The consensus of opinion seemed to be a NO. But today, looking at the final payment receipt for our next cruise, I see a line that says:

Age Range 46-54. Hmmmm, interesting, especially since we are 66 and 63. Not sure what it means, but I'm going to ask TA.

If I had to pick one person to eat with, it would be Texed (and his waffle fixation). I'm sure we could come to an amicable sharing of the waffles. ;D

All in all, I agree it's nice to meet total strangers who keep in touch with you. I still keep in touch with two couples (Canadian and British) from our first cruise dinner table. (Jan. '02) The Brits met us at our hotel in London last year on the day we arrived for our pre-stay and took us on a walking tour after lunch. It was wonderful to see them and so nice of them to travel an hour by train to spend the day with us and our friends.

Andrew and I oddly seem to have a lot in common:), and I can't wait to meet him and Ed in person someday. We have both loved several dogs that were part or pure Korgi, and we both have a great love of cruising that started in our childhood. We also seem to be on the same page regarding many of the controversial topics here at CC. All we'd need to add is maybe The Queen of England, cause I hear she has an affinity for the little pooches too. That would be interesting Me, Andrew and Elizabeth II.

So I think Maybe Lois, Karyn, Gail, Susan, a few other Lovely Hogs Fans, Ed, Ed and Andrew, Joanie....I know I'm leaving some people out. :) I've met so many lovely people on my celebrity cruises, really any of them would be fine. Anybody who can make me laugh would be great.

We have met so many really nice people at dining tables, and I'd say there are more we have dined with who know nothing of Cruise Critic or any other board. So this message board world can actually be limiting if we think to dine with only who we know from here. There are so many cruisers out there we do not know at all.;)

Thank you, Suzanne! You are certainly welcome at my table any time (hubby too, of course!).

FC, I kind of agree with you about this. That's why sometimes when we make up a table we ask for a table of ten with six of us who are friends and some 'spares'. So far this has worked well, they haven't felt left out (we make an effort to not overdo inside jokes, etc) have been taken into the fold so to speak. We enjoy the company of people we already know and make new friends. I think it's the best of both worlds.

We have met so many really nice people at dining tables, and I'd say there are more we have dined with who know nothing of Cruise Critic or any other board. So this message board world can actually be limiting if we think to dine with only who we know from here. There are so many cruisers out there we do not know at all.;)

Hi Finely Cruising :)

I agree with you. In addition, based on the one cruise critic party we attended, many of the people in that room turned out to be very different than they appeared to be on a cruise critic message board. There were some posters that I enjoyed much more in person than I thought I would from their posts, while others were not nearly as interesting as they appeared to be in font land.

But my choices would include:

ExcitedofHarpenden

LoisR

Tuggers

Texed

Caviargal

Kitty9

kk99

GrBlizz

xcruiser

cruisearizona

dkjretired

catservants

and Blazerboy........

Not that I wouldn't want to share a table with everyone on these boards as we all have lots of opinions....I'm just particularily drawn to some posters whether I agree or dissagree with them...I like thier cander and personalities.

As for off topic tablemates....I'd like to sit with George and Laura so I could flame him a bit:D .

Dave:eek:

BTW: I forgot Host Andy. I had the pleasure of meeting him on the Quest and find him very well informed and just a nice person to be around. I also aplogize if I forgot anybody else as this is REALLY an unfair question.

This thread reminds me of when I was in elementary school and our teachers would hand out a paper asking each of us to write down the names of our classmates that we wanted to sit near, and those we wanted to be far away from so she can arrange our seats accordingly.

Little did we know at the time, that we were part of a long term national study to determine a relationship between high school drop outs and elementary school socio-grams.

I'd have to include the CCers on 3-4-07 Millie thread. The following night would be Clint Eastwood, Sinatra, Sophia Loren. The next night would be Sophia Loren. A great Breakfast would be with Sweetair and let's see....Sophia Loren. Oh, and Texed to direct the proper way to enduldge ourselves with waffles and to show me how to feed them to ......Sophia Loren:D .

Barry

This thread reminds me of when I was in elementary school and our teachers would hand out a paper asking each of us to write down the names of our classmates that we wanted to sit near, and those we wanted to be far away from so she can arrange our seats accordingly.

Little did we know at the time, that we were part of a long term national study to determine a relationship between high school drop outs and elementary school socio-grams.

BTW, there turned out to be a correlation between those elmentary school socio-grams and kids who dropped out of high school, but it was different than what the person who conducted that experiment expected it to be.

I've only been to one cruise critic party, and was surprised to see how different most people were than they appeared to be from their posts in the roll call.

One poster, who appeared to be very serious on the roll call, had a great sense of humor in person and was a lot of fun to be with.

Another poster, who wrote long rambling inane posts, turned out to be a great conversationalist.

On the other hand, someone who seemed to be quite extroverted on the roll call turned out to be very shy and quiet.

With that said, I was glad that I did not decide to choose table mates based on the way people appeared to be on the roll call because if I did I would have made the wrong choices. In addition, we probably wouldn't have met the wonderful people who were assigned to our table that we enjoyed more than anyone who was at the cruise critic party.

We haven't had a bad tablemate yet ,so why ruin a good thing by choosing?Look at all the great folks that would be left out

Good point! Actually it reminds me of the horrible trauma of high school gym class and the terrible way that teammates were picked and how it felt to be among the last ones selected. Thank heavens I don't think they do it that way anymore!

We have rarely had bad dining companions on any cruise ship and I'm certain that if through some chance I happened to end up at a table with a fellow CC member I would enjoy it. Any of them!

In 1997 DH & myself were on a Med cruise we were one of five couples seated at the table. We hit it off with one couple in particuliar & to this day we remain friends & yearly go on vacation together. DD & myself met another couple this past winter on Infinity due to cc roll call we have a great time remained friends & are looking forward to traveling with one another in the furure.

Besides DH family & friends if I had to pick one celebrity couple it would be John Travolta(nicest movie person) & his wife.

We are awaiting our documents..will it say anything about table assignment/size?

Hoping to meet some great X cruisers at the connections party...

Hi, you won't find out what table assignment and size until after

you board. There should be a card inside your cabin with a table

number on it.

You can go see the Maitr'd after 12:30 on sail day.

He can tell you table location, how many are at the table and

can even tell the ages of your tablemates. They are usually

very helpful:)

In 1997 DH & myself were on a Med cruise we were one of five couples seated at the table. We hit it off with one couple in particuliar & to this day we remain friends & yearly go on vacation together. DD & myself met another couple this past winter on Infinity due to cc roll call we have a great time remained friends & are looking forward to traveling with one another in the furure.

Besides DH family & friends if I had to pick one celebrity couple it would be John Travolta(nicest movie person) & his wife.

we have never had bad ones - some more interesting than others.

This last cruise on the Millenium ( Aug 17) we had two couples who were the best ( except for cruises with friends). One a couple from England and the other a couple from Bermuda. We keep in touch and hope to meet them again on board. Who ever said Britts had no sense of humor never met these folks - We went to Olympic for dinner with them as well as the dining room. We hit it off from meal one.

Archived