Can some of you please update the favorite hotel...

ruskatab

I would also like opinions on hotels. We don't need 5 star. Just a nice clean hotel, near the pier. We will probably look at coming in one day ahead and maybe staying one post day.

We are sailing the Serenade, not sure what pier this is. This is our first cruise and we are pretty "green"

Already said it. My favorite is the Marriott Stellaris in Condado and usually available on Priceline. We stayed ther in May pre cruise & have booked for May 08 precruise. Gorgeous just redone property with beautiful pool & beach. all SJ hotels seem expensive, so if you can get the marriott on Priceline for $110-$150 you're doing really well.

How far is Marriott Stellaris from the airport and from the pier? What do the taxis run for transportation between airport and hotel and hotel and pier. I have never done priceline before and am nervous about trying it. Is it a lot more expensive for the hotel to book on your own with Marriott? Are there any hotels that have shuttles from airport and to pier? Thanks!

I would also like opinions on hotels. We don't need 5 star. Just a nice clean hotel, near the pier. We will probably look at coming in one day ahead and maybe staying one post day.

We are sailing the Serenade, not sure what pier this is. This is our first cruise and we are pretty "green"

Just wanted to let you know that Serenade goes out of the PanAm pier . . . no hotels are near there.:( That said take a look at Best Western Pierre . . . we stayed there in April, the price was right and it was a nice stay. In 4 week :) we will be staying at Comfort Inn and judging from reviews, it too should be good. I'm on pretty regularly, so I'll probably report on that stay.

Have you checked out http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp? It shows several of the hotels, includung the ones I mentioned.

I though Mich State was green, not the buckeyes;)

We stayed at the Marriot & Stellaris Resort last summer and were nervous about it due to mixed reviews which were all RUBBISH!! This was a great hotel with very helpful and friendly staff, beautiful beach and nice location overlooking the beach. I had asked for a room on a high floor for better views, possibly a corner room, and got it no problem. I left the curtains open so the first thing I saw when I woke was the ship coming into port - fabulous! And at night there is a salsa band playing and the locals come to dance - fantastic! Have no hesitation in booking this hotel!! Short ride to the pier, can't remember exact cost but it wasn't a crazy amount. Enjoy!

CPT

Ok so actually we are scarlett and gray. Just don't know alot about cruising!!!!

Seriously, we would love to hear your report on the Comfort Inn in San Juan. I will watch this thread for when you get back. I am bad about reading reviews because they are usually to long and I don't have much time online. I would rather just jump into the threads. We are Choice Hotel members and usually stay at Comforts when traveling. We have a bunch of points built up and I know we can stay for free when coming to San Juan. At the same time I want to make sure that the hotel is decent. I don't assume we will be in it much. Will probably just stay one night pre cruise. And we want to take an excusion and see the city while there. If you can give me any tips I would appreciate it. How far to pier?? how far to nightlife?? how far to tours or forts (old San Juan)

Not sure if we would be better off staying closer and not having to pay for taxi's???

How far is Marriott Stellaris from the airport and from the pier?

What do the taxis run for transportation between airport and hotel and hotel and pier?

Based on our trip in May, 2007 I think the cab fare from the airport to the Marriott Stellaris was around $18. Stellaris to Pan am Pier was around $14.

I have never done priceline before and am nervous about trying it. Is it a lot more expensive for the hotel to book on your own with Marriott?

It is a lot more expensive to book the Marriott on your own. Shop it & I think you'll find the room quoted at around $300. Through Priceline, including fees depending upon time of year it will be $125-$200.

Are there any hotels that have shuttles from airport and to pier? Thanks!

NO shuttles that I'm aware of!

Archived