bread sticks question

dollyd

Hubby and I are one of those couples that no longer care to dress up on cruises and therefore we love the option of eating dinner in the

Windjammer where they have wonderful breadsticks that I eat with the various cheeses that are offered nightly. Best thing about the buffet are all the great choices right before your eyes, not having to wait to see the food when it arrives at the table, and no waste because we only take small bites of anything that looks yummy. I have a sweet tooth and IMHO, they have better dessert choices than the dining room and on voyager class ships, Jade is an extra added bonus with the asian choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Benefits as we see them: scheduling our own meal times, portion control with no waste (with only 2-3 lbs of weight gain over a 7 day cruise), our choice of show times and comfortable dress mode (much less packing)...for us it is truly the best of both worlds.

yes, i've been on 3 rccl cruises and i have never seen these things. i am very confused. i've only seen an assortment of rolls. does the waitstaff actually call them "savory bites" or is that a name made up here?

Could somebody describe the look and taste of the "savory bites" (and/or what is in them, although it sounds like nobody here knows)?

yes, i've been on 3 rccl cruises and i have never seen these things. i am very confused. i've only seen an assortment of rolls. does the waitstaff actually call them "savory bites" or is that a name made up here?

Could somebody describe the look and taste of the "savory bites" (and/or what is in them, although it sounds like nobody here knows)?

when we first learned about them, the asst waiter called them savory bites. they are a small puffy triangle shape and have I am not sure what in them and they are yummy. sorry that I can not be of more help.

anyone else know?

Savory bites are the BEST!!!! does anyone else think they taste like little tiny bagels?...

BETTER

Savory bites dipped in olive oil & balsamic vinegar-yummy!!! My assistant waiter had it ready for me by the time I was seated. :D

yummmmmmmmmm that sounds wonderful, I don't think I've ever seen the oil/balsamic dip stuff

yummmmmmmmmm that sounds wonderful, I don't think I've ever seen the oil/balsamic dip stuff

Olive oil and balsamic vinegar used to be available the night when the menu was Italian, but I haven't seen it for a few cruises now. I just asked our assistant waiter on the Jewel if it was possible to get them, and she produced them almost every night after I asked. Sometimes, it's just "ask and you shall receive". I just mixed them on my bread plate and dipped! :cool:

Olive oil and balsamic vinegar used to be available the night when the menu was Italian, but I haven't seen it for a few cruises now. I just asked our assistant waiter on the Jewel if it was possible to get them, and she produced them almost every night after I asked. Sometimes, it's just "ask and you shall receive". I just mixed them on my bread plate and dipped! :cool:

I'll have to ask for that, thanks

Savory bites are small, about an inch, rolls that are crusty and have herbs in them. I can't remember which herbs, but off hand I am thinking carraway, rosemary,--something like that. Think herbs that make things savory.

They are great, just enough to break in half and butter each half, or heck, butter the whole thing. They are one of the best things on RCI.

Enjoy.

Savory bites are small, about an inch, rolls that are crusty and have herbs in them. I can't remember which herbs, but off hand I am thinking carraway, rosemary,--something like that. Think herbs that make things savory.

They are great, just enough to break in half and butter each half, or heck, butter the whole thing. They are one of the best things on RCI.

Enjoy.

herb part is right, but I KNOW ther are no carraways becasue I HATE those things. I'll do research on my Dec TA and let y'all know. wonder if there is a recipe anywhere

Aren't those Savory Bites the absolute BEST!!! :D We fell in love with them on the Rhapsody in April!!! Our waiter realized that they were my favorite and I NEVER had to ask for them again' date=' he just brought a little saucer of them for me at each evening meal!!! Much better than bread sticks IMO. [/color']

I was on the Rhapsody in March, and I didn't get any breadsticks :(.

Now, I'm hungry...

Now, I'm hungry...

no breadsticks that I have ever noticed on Rhapsody, just wonderful little savory bites

IMO....a hint of sourdough, mouthwatering little pieces of heaven!

(with some sort of herb sprinkled on top!) HUNGRY NOW!! :p:p

you think sourdough? hmmm, I will definately pay attention in Dec when I eat them every night on the Voyager:D

Dear Cruisers

do tell me, does royalcarribean have bread sticks like celebrity...I have to know before I go so that im not disappointed. Thanks

If lack of breadsticks is going to disappoint you, how will the rest of the cruise effect you?

Hey Wrona, were those the little buns that I just couldn't get enough of?

Yep, the ones we were all fighting over!:D I'm still mad at you for the night you got the last ones and I didn't get any!:p

But I don't think that Trish wasted one dropping it down the back of my sparkly top, I think that was just a regular dinner roll, wasn't it?

Do they still have the rock hard rolls? They are so hard you could crack your plate or break your front teeth! We always laugh at that bread. It's always in the bread basket every night. It's probably left over from months before. :D

Those rock hard rolls are actually sour dough rolls...and they're amazingly good! :) Just be sure to break them into 4 or 5 pieces before eating them, or you just might break a front tooth, lol. ;)

I've never tried a savory bite, although I recall seeing them before. I'll have to try them on my next cruise.

I always love the different types of bread in Portofino's and the things they give you to dip/spread in in.

Now, I'm hungry...

Next cruise Hgeffen, ask for the Savory Bites, and I can bet that you won't think about bread sticks for the rest of the cruise...:p . Yes, the ARE just that good! :D

herb part is right, but I KNOW ther are no carraways becasue I HATE those things. I'll do research on my Dec TA and let y'all know. wonder if there is a recipe anywhere

Take a pic of them, if you remember to, so everybody in this thread can drool all over their keyboards. ;) It may help to dissect what's in them, too.

Sounds like they are yummy, from what y'all say. I'm looking forward to checking 'em out.

Take a pic of them, if you remember to, so everybody in this thread can drool all over their keyboards. ;) It may help to dissect what's in them, too.

Sounds like they are yummy, from what y'all say. I'm looking forward to checking 'em out.

will do. maybe we will need to start a savory bites lovers club:D :D :D

hey if ther can be a friends of harry....;)

Archived