bread sticks question

dollyd

Dear Cruisers

do tell me, does royalcarribean have bread sticks like celebrity...I have to know before I go so that im not disappointed. Thanks

I am not a big bread eater, but don't think I have ever seen bread sticks. they do have savory bites--YUMMY, now those I eatr. little bitty triangles of savory taste. not sure what is in them, but every table we have ever been at becomes addicted to them because of our reaction to them.

they do have savory bites--YUMMY, now those I eatr. little bitty triangles of savory taste. not sure what is in them, but every table we have ever been at becomes addicted to them because of our reaction to them.

I LOVE those savory bites. I always get some of them, no matter what the other bread in the basket is!

I am not a big bread eater, but don't think I have ever seen bread sticks. they do have savory bites--YUMMY, now those I eatr. little bitty triangles of savory taste. not sure what is in them, but every table we have ever been at becomes addicted to them because of our reaction to them.

Aren't those Savory Bites the absolute BEST!!! :D We fell in love with them on the Rhapsody in April!!! Our waiter realized that they were my favorite and I NEVER had to ask for them again, he just brought a little saucer of them for me at each evening meal!!! Much better than bread sticks IMO.

Aren't those Savory Bites the absolute BEST!!! :D We fell in love with them on the Rhapsody in April!!! Our waiter realized that they were my favorite and I NEVER had to ask for them again' date=' he just brought a little saucer of them for me at each evening meal!!! Much better than bread sticks IMO. [/size']

ditto for me as well! He knew to not even ask me what kind of bread I wanted, I always tell them don't even ask just shovel them on my bread plate every night! (no wonder I always gain 3 pounds a cruise!)

I LOVE those savory bites. I always get some of them, no matter what the other bread in the basket is!

since they are the only bread I eat, the asst waiters always amke sure there are plenty--even go and "borrow" form other tables' baskets!!! aren't they WONDERFUL??? any idea what is in them wrona?

Sorry Brenda, no clue. But you could always send me on a cruise where I could investigate!!;) :p :D

hmmmmmmmmm, uh, NOPE, I'm too busy wondering how in the world I am going to pay for all of the ones I have booked now that I am retired!!!!! :D

tell you what, I will sacrifice (she says as she puts her hand to her brow) and investigate for 15 days in a month!!!!;) and I'll share, how's that?

tell you what, I will sacrifice (she says as she puts her hand to her brow) and investigate for 15 days in a month!!!!;) and I'll share, how's that?

It's nice of you to suffer so for the good of the rest of us!:p

I don’t recall seeing (soft) breadsticks, but there is a nice variety of bread each evening. If you are referring to the crispy thin breadsticks, then it is no. I’m sure you will find many good types of bread and will not be disappointed.

If the lack of breadsticks disappoints you, what do you do on other vacations or other times you eat at a restaurant that doesn’t serve breadsticks?

M

No breadsticks, but as mentioned, the savory bites are to die for. My faves are any with seeds. Had some delicious poppy seed savory bites last cruise... but it sure was awful getting them caught in my teeth every night! I kept checking my teeth in the reflection of the knife (oh stop it, you do it too!! :p )

Next cruise, I take dental floss and toothpicks to the Dining Room. :)

On Celebrity we love the breadsticks, but on RCCL, the savory bites are it! I think RCCL must be making tons of them as more people catch on and find out how great they are.

Most times our waiters just go around our table and put them on our breadplates because they know we all love them. Geez, maybe we shouldn't have posted about them. Now, more people will know and there might be a shortage, lol.

Enjoy.

Hey Wrona, were those the little buns that I just couldn't get enough of?

Yep, the ones we were all fighting over!:D I'm still mad at you for the night you got the last ones and I didn't get any!:p

Do they still have the rock hard rolls? They are so hard you could crack your plate or break your front teeth! We always laugh at that bread. It's always in the bread basket every night. It's probably left over from months before. :D

I've never had one that was rock hard (well not on a cruise!).

It's nice of you to suffer so for the good of the rest of us!:p

hey someone has to do it, right?;)

On Celebrity we love the breadsticks, but on RCCL, the savory bites are it! I think RCCL must be making tons of them as more people catch on and find out how great they are.

Most times our waiters just go around our table and put them on our breadplates because they know we all love them. Geez, maybe we shouldn't have posted about them. Now, more people will know and there might be a shortage, lol.

Enjoy.

you know I was thinking the same thing.

NEVER MIND Y'ALL, THOSE SAVORY BITES ARE NASTY NASTY TERRIBLE THINGS. WE WERE JUST KIDDING Y'ALL

I LOVE RCI's bread basket- no breadsticks but lots of yummy choices- sundried tomato, walnut and raisin, sourdough, onion, etc. Every night there was a new selection and they were always great. Not a hard rock in the bunch!

I'm not a big bread eater but our assistant waiter would come around 3 times each night and I could never say no to him!:D

I know the breadsticks you are talking about. They are just about the best we ever had. Do you know that they have one kitchen hand in a small room off the large kitchen that does nothing but make the bread sticks all day. We found out, because we were VIP'ed and taken on a behind the scene tour a few years ago. Hope the fact that they do not have the bread sticks does not ruin the cruise for yo.

Archived