Cruisin' Solo...

TSratch

Hi Patty in Pa,

I have heard so many negatives about quality recently and now you also. I am beginning to believe there is something to it.:( Will let you know how Galaxy turns out.

The ports are: Oranjestad, Aruba, Willemstad, Curacao, St. George's, Grenada, Bridgetown, Barbados, Castries, St. Lucia, Roseau, Dominica, Basseterre, St. Kitts, and Tortola,which is the only port I have been to. Any info really appreciated, expecially from one who has just been there. Actually, with these ports, how bad can a cruise be :D

Anne (in Maryland)

Hi Anne, no, no...you are not getting carried away....that is why

the icons are there:)

I will definitely think about it. When I saw that itinerary I thought

it sounded fantastic. But there are those aggrivating things

called finances!

I am sure all of you will have a great time!

Hi Lois,

Well, I am booked on Galaxy. :) Dh is being very nice about it, mostly. I just cannot book anything else for 2008. But that's ok, I am pretty well booked up.:D

Hope you will continue to think about Mercury. I have a feeling this is going to be a very fun group, especially we solo gals.

Anne

I have never taken a cruise solo (or at all yet, for that matter, but SOON, I promise!) but I have been to England 5 times, 4 were solo. Germany 3 times, 2 were solo and Rio de Janerio by myself, not to mention several domestic trips and I had a GREAT time by myself.

The wonderful thing about it is that if you want to engage with other people, you can. If you don't, no one will be offended. One thing that I keep in mind when I DO want to engage with other people is to just be in the moment and focus on what is going on around me instead of wondering what others are thinking abut me. Its great how if you are just looking around enjoying what is going on around you people find you approachable and will come up and talk. Compliment someones dress, say you like someones jewelry, I mean, just be genuine with people. :) It really is a lot of fun!

I did travel once with my (unfortunately) soon to be ex husband, and that actually was a blast also, but I guess my point is that there is a lot of fun to be had either way.

I am very much looking forward to my first solo cruise!

Hi Summers,

You have the perfect attitude for a solo.:) I suspect you will have a wonderful time. I have been doing this for only 15 months now, and am sorry I did not start years ago. So many ships and destinations I still want to see.

Happy sailings.:)

Anne

Hi Patty in Pa,

I have heard so many negatives about quality recently and now you also. I am beginning to believe there is something to it.:( Will let you know how Galaxy turns out.

The ports are: Oranjestad, Aruba, Willemstad, Curacao, St. George's, Grenada, Bridgetown, Barbados, Castries, St. Lucia, Roseau, Dominica, Basseterre, St. Kitts, and Tortola,which is the only port I have been to. Any info really appreciated, expecially from one who has just been there. Actually, with these ports, how bad can a cruise be :D

Anne (in Maryland)

I can only speak of the ports that visited. In April I sailed on the Maasdam and we visited St. Lucia,Tortola and Barbados.

I toured with Cosol in St Lucia. His rates were far less than the cruisetours. He also has great pride in his Island and was proud to show St Lucia to us. Mind you the roads are winding so if you get carsick or have a weak stomach, sit in the back middle. The rum punch is to die for!! My group didn't get the wonderful bread and fish cakes that people talk about because we were there on Easter and alot places were closed.

In Tortola I went to the batch with Patochue. It was a perfect day for sailing and only 20 people on the boat. You have to swim to shore from the boat. Since I only swim on my cruises, I took a floater with me. I needed it on the swim back :) !

On both of these tours I was treated quite well by the tour guides. I also did both of these with people that I met on the roll call so it was alot of fun.

In Barbados I toured with El Tirge. I really don't suggest them if you are a solo cruiser. I felt like an odd man out since there was two large groups from another ship and was igorned most of the tour. El Tirge received good ratings, but as a solo cruiser, it wasn't fun.

But check out the ports of call section of this website. It has great info on the ports.

Hopefully someone will reply on the other ports

Happy sailing.

I have never taken a cruise solo (or at all yet, for that matter, but SOON, I promise!) but I have been to England 5 times, 4 were solo. Germany 3 times, 2 were solo and Rio de Janerio by myself, not to mention several domestic trips and I had a GREAT time by myself.

The wonderful thing about it is that if you want to engage with other people, you can. If you don't, no one will be offended. One thing that I keep in mind when I DO want to engage with other people is to just be in the moment and focus on what is going on around me instead of wondering what others are thinking abut me. Its great how if you are just looking around enjoying what is going on around you people find you approachable and will come up and talk. Compliment someones dress, say you like someones jewelry, I mean, just be genuine with people. :) It really is a lot of fun!

I did travel once with my (unfortunately) soon to be ex husband, and that actually was a blast also, but I guess my point is that there is a lot of fun to be had either way.

I am very much looking forward to my first solo cruise!

My ex and I used to describe our trips as "7 days and 7 fights." I've never once quarreled with myself on a solo trip!

I can only speak of the ports that visited. In April I sailed on the Maasdam and we visited St. Lucia,Tortola and Barbados.

I toured with Cosol in St Lucia. His rates were far less than the cruisetours. He also has great pride in his Island and was proud to show St Lucia to us. Mind you the roads are winding so if you get carsick or have a weak stomach, sit in the back middle. The rum punch is to die for!! My group didn't get the wonderful bread and fish cakes that people talk about because we were there on Easter and alot places were closed.

In Tortola I went to the batch with Patochue. It was a perfect day for sailing and only 20 people on the boat. You have to swim to shore from the boat. Since I only swim on my cruises, I took a floater with me. I needed it on the swim back :) !

On both of these tours I was treated quite well by the tour guides. I also did both of these with people that I met on the roll call so it was alot of fun.

In Barbados I toured with El Tirge. I really don't suggest them if you are a solo cruiser. I felt like an odd man out since there was two large groups from another ship and was igorned most of the tour. El Tirge received good ratings, but as a solo cruiser, it wasn't fun.

But check out the ports of call section of this website. It has great info on the ports.

Hopefully someone will reply on the other ports

Happy sailing.

Hi :)

Cosol sounds like just what I am looking for. However, since I never learned to swim :o , Patochue would not work for me. Thanks very much for the info. and I will check the ports of call section also.

Anne

Archived