Info - Dominican Republic, La Romana & Casa de Campo

Trovador

Did your co-worker say if it was hard to find a bus there or back? Do you know if the buses go to Altos de Chevron? (sp). I am looking for some options and can't figure this port out! I see you are going soon. Please write back about your experiences if you don't do a ships excursion. We are on Costa and there are not as many options as some of the other lines offer and if it is safe and easy we prefer to book them ourselves.

Thanks

The busses were part of Royal Caribbean. On the Discover Shopping Guide on the first page the 2 options were listed: The Marina or Altos de Chavon

Our group will be traveling aboard Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas and be at Casa De Campo from 7:30am until 2:00pm on March 12, 2008. We were wondering if anyone has booked Bavaro Runner's Farallon Zip Line Adventure on there own, as the cruise ship doesn't offer this excursion? If so how was the tour and would we have enough time to complete it? Thank you for any help!

Our 1/25 sailing on Explorer has tried twice, through two of us, to see if they will book. They reply that we can only book through the ship, yet when we reply that the ship doesn't offer the excursion and that we would like to book on our own, neither one of us got a reply.

Costa does list this tour, so perhaps they have an exclusive.

Travel Lover: Your pictures were great. Now I really can't wait until 4-11-08. Thank you so much for sharing.

Did you do any RCC tours? If so, which ones would you recommend? we aren't beach or water people. Did you enjoy El Morro? Thanks for any info you can give us.

I went to Casa De Campo last month with RCCL's Explorer of The Seas, we went to the Altos De Chavon. I'm posting a link with my my pictures..took a lot in DR also went to other ports in the Caribbean if you want to check it out.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561863607JmROQk

Loved your pictures....what beach did you go to in St Thomas???

Thanks for posting the pics!!! We are sailing on 4-11-2008..:D

We signed up for the Altos de Chavon/Mississippi Riverboat Tour thru RCI..:)

We have a daysail on Rumbaba chartered for St. Thomas...:p

San Juan and Labadee, we are just 'winging' it...;)

Our group of eight, four adults and four teenagers, will be traveling aboard Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas and be at Casa De Campo from 7:30am until 2:00pm on March 12, 2008.

We were wondering if anyone has booked Bavaro Runner's Farallon Zip Line Adventure on there own, as Royal Caribbean doesn't offer this excursion. We contacted Bavaro Runner by email and they haven’t responded to our request for reservations yet. JJSMaine thank you for the reply and has Bavaro Runner contacted you yet? I'll let you know if they respond to my before you go on your cruise on the 25th... have a great trip!

If Bavaro Runner's Farallon Zip Line Adventure doesn’t work out we are looking at going to the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Resort on a day pass. We have been quoted $45 US per person for full access to the resort with drinks and food. We would be taking a taxi from the pier to and from the resort. If anyone has gone to this resort your input would be greatly appreciated.

Royal Caribbean’s shore excursions, in Casa De Campo, don’t look to appealing… does anyone have any other interesting ideas for this port?

After much debate, we are going to purchase a day pass at the Casa de Campo resort beach. We will be traveling with 2 boys, and wanted a nice beach day and didn't want to travel too far from the ship. We will be in port from 7:30 am - 2 pm, so didn't want to waste much travel time. The prices are higher than we wanted to pay, but the taxi cost will be low, and it includes lunch and adult drinks (for us, not the kids!) See below for the email that I received from the hotel. We will be there on January 30th and I will post details on how it worked out after the cruise.

Good morning , Janice

Thanks you for your email.

Regarding your request about the day pass, the resort offers it from 9:00am to 6:00pm is a day pass at the beach, include lunch one drink during the lunch, water sport no motorize, towels and chaise lounges.

Price for adult US $ 60.00, and child from 7 to 12 year US $ 30.00, dont need reservation in advance

If you have any question do not hesitate in contact me.

Best regards

Yudy Ramirez

Concierge Asst. Manager

On the last page of the royal Carib. info posted above by KeiEdy (thanks for the info) it states that the ships dock in La Romana.

Are the beaches in La Romana all public, even if they have hotels along them? Are there any nice, safe beaches close to the cruise port - maybe to take a quick cab ride too?

thanks for any information from anyone who has visited Casa de Campo:)

Thanks for all your information. We will spend the day at Catalina Island and Casa de Campo in the evening. We are considering the show Kandela at the outdood theater. Do you know anything about the show or the amphitheater? One of the members of our group had difficulty walking for more than 10 -15 minutes. Is it a long walk from where the tour bus will let us out to the theater itself? Also, is there any type of "handicapped" seating at the amphitheater?

Is parasailing or set ski rental available on Catalina Island? I know there are chairs and food provided and have read that the snorkeling is pretty good here.

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

Dolphin,,,

Let me know how Catlina Island is. My family, friends and myself will be going to this port in Dec. 08. Need all the infor we can get. Thanks and have a wonderful trip.

Tracy

travador,

Thank you so much for posting .

Our cruise ship offers two beach excurisions one to bayhiibe and the other to catalina island. Any advice on which would be better would be a great help.

If you know a good private tour guide please pass this along. We were hoping to do a tour of the country to get a feel of its culture and people with maybe an hour or two of beach time.

Thanks for your help.

Grace

Grace,

Could you let me know how Catilina Island was? Would you recommend it? How did you get there and how much.

Thanks and happy sailing.

Tracy

Yes, everyone was very friendly. The crew on the boat ride to the island were great also. The beach chairs and unbrellas were free. The shopping was pretty good. Little stands with shirts, hats, magnets. Hand carved things, paintings, really your standard island stuff.

We were on Carnival. There was no garbage anywhere. I would have been the first to complain. Unless if you are on another cruise line and there boat let's you off at a different spot on catalina, I don't know where they saw garbage

We were on Carnival. There was no garbage anywhere. I would have been the first to complain. Unless if you are on another cruise line and there boat let's you off at a different spot on catalina, I don't know where they saw garbage

hi :).. did you book thru Carnival?... what was the cost? thanks :)

Yes, we did book through Carnival. That is the only way you can book it. I believe it was $60 and well worth it. Yes, they have things to rent and have banana boat rides., etc. snorkle gear, rafts everything you could want. There is a bar, place for food and small shops.

Yes, we did book through Carnival. That is the only way you can book it. I believe it was $60 and well worth it. Yes, they have things to rent and have banana boat rides., etc. snorkle gear, rafts everything you could want. There is a bar, place for food and small shops.

what is the name of the excursion?.. is it the Catalina Island Beach Break?

Archived