Info - Dominican Republic, La Romana & Casa de Campo

Trovador

So glad to hear the excursion was 4.5 hrs. not 3.5! The DH and I thought Catalina Island rocked last time we were there, but were not too happy for such a short excursion when our ship (Splendor Jan. 3/09) is in port all day. Do they tender you right from the ship using Carnival tenders or did you have to get off and then board a private operator's tender boat?

Thanks for the info! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

We too are arriving La Romana on Carnival Splendor (1/10). Have researched both above excursions. The difference in $ seems to be that Bayahibe includes open bar. Quote from Carnival:

Take an air conditioned motor coach to a five-star resort in the picturesque fishing village of Bayahibe.

Enjoy a refreshing swim or a game of volleyball in a private beach area.

Take a stroll along the shore or relax on a sun bed.

Enjoy a tropical cocktail from the domestic open bar.

Spend more than 3 hours of fun in the Dominican sun before returning to your ship.

Note: Sun bed, beach towel and domestic open bar are included. Transfer from the pier to the resort is approximately 30 minutes each way.

Can anyone who has been there tell me which resort this is and if it will be worth possibly double the price? Dont mind paying it if it will be worthwhile. Ive also read that Bayahibe is better for snorkeling. Is that the case? We are avid snorkelers. Thank you for all your help.

Carnival just today posted the excursions for LaRomana for our 1/10 cruise. Bayahibe beach Break is $67pp, Catalina Is. is $59pp; $8 difference (or the cost of a drink!) Think we'll be going with Bayahibe Beach. Still wish I knew which resort it is though, I think Casa de Campo or Casa De La Mar. I found in previous posts that you can pay the resort a little more and get food too. Please does anyone have a definative answer on this? Thank you.

In case anyone cares. Wanted to correct information I provided. A follow up on the Bayahibe Beach Break excursion thru Carnival. I called Carnival a 2nd time trying to get info on location. Found out what was quoted to me re: Viva Wyndham was incorrect. Was advised that Carnival doesnt know which resort in LaRomana they will be taking people to until close at hand, depends on number of people in port and how crowded. Sounds like poor planning to me. We have opted to contact Casa Del Mar for a day pass and get our own taxi to it. Will come out to about the same price, but will include full food also.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I are on the Grand Princess and booked the the Bayahibe Beach Resort excursion in La Romana on January 13th/09. It is $69.00 per person through the ship. That includes local drinks and a lounge chair and towel and of course the transportation to and from the ship. I was wondering if it would be safe to take a cab on our own...what it would cost to Bayahibe and what local beer or a rum drinks would cost. I would appreciate any info.

Do you think it would be better to head to a beach on our own??

Thanks Again

Archived