Dolphin Swim Chankanaab?

dig21

We will be sailing on the Grand in February. We plan to do all our excursions through Princess. I was wondering how the Dolphin Swim Princess Excursion at Chankanaab works. Does everyone go over to the park & leave as a group? Is their time to do other such as snorkeling after the Dolphin Swim?

Thanks in advance for the info.

When we were there in March. We booked thru Princess several months in advance online. We were on the wait list, but once we got on the ship, the the tickets showed up in our cabin. I have photos of the swim. The kids had a good time. You get vouchers to use to take a taxi back to the dock so you can stay at the park as long as you want. I don't know how they got to the park since I went diving in the morning and met up with them at the park.

Hope you have a great time. Let me know if you have any other questions. My email is in my profile.

I know you said you planned to do all your excursions through Princess, but have you considered booking this directly with Dolphin Discovery (www.dolphindiscovery.com)?

The cab ride to Chankanaab is about $10, and the admission to the park is $10pp. The best experience is the "Royal Swim" which costs $125pp. I don't think this is available through the cruise lines.

In comparison, the cheapest "dolphin swim" excursion from Princess is $149pp! :eek: And this is for an inferior swimming experience, and you take a taxi there and back anyways!

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will do that.

How does that work that Dolphin Discovery has a different Dolphin Swim then Princess? Are all the Dolphin Swims at Chankanaab Park run by independent companies?

We will be sailing on the Grand in February. We plan to do all our excursions through Princess. I was wondering how the Dolphin Swim Princess Excursion at Chankanaab works. Does everyone go over to the park & leave as a group? Is their time to do other such as snorkeling after the Dolphin Swim?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Were on the Grand in June of 2003. There are two dolphin "excursions". One is the dolphin swim, where you actually swim with them and the dolphin encounter, where you stand on a platform in the water and interact with the dolphins. Did the encounter and it was a great experience. We booked thru Princess and were given a taxi voucher for each way. You can stay in the park as long as you want and do what you want. We went hemet diving which we also booked thru Princess. Very different and fun.

my wife and daughter did the swim last may , princess wanted to charge 180$ per person we got a taxi for $10 one way it was about $10 each to get it the park, we then booked directly inside the park. the two of them did the encounter where you are just in the water with them, lasts about 30 odd mins this worked out fine for the three of us becuase i did not care to do the dolphin thing.. we saved over $300 by doing it this way but to be fair it was not the full swimming thing , the taxi ride is only ten minutes and the park itself is worth a visit if you want an easy day.

Archived