Hotels in Ft.Lauderdale

snoopy124

We are going on a cruise in February out of Ft. Lauderdale. Can anyone recommend a clean but cheap hotel to say in the night before? Do they all provide transportation. Our flight gets in around 10 at night, so we really dont need to have much around the hotel.

This is our first time crusising.

Also what time should we get to the port?

What about the Ramada Inn at the airport? We are going on the Coral in January and fly into Fort Lauderdale at 6am the day of the cruise...going there for a few hours to kill and they were under $100 and have a shuttle to the ship.

February in Ft Lauderdale is very pricey. We arrived 2/6/07 for a cruise leaving the next day and it was Super Bowl week so hotel rooms were at a premium. My cousin got the Holiday Inn Express on SR-84 (not near the pier) for approx $180/room thru Priceline including taxes. It was very nice but not spectacular. It did offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle to the pier. Also a free continental breakfast.

Next February, our TA found the Marriott North-Ft Lauderdale for $78/pp (not room) thru Princess. We are purchasing the transfers to/from airport/hotel, hotel/pier for $10/pp/per trip. We are Marriott Reward members and have had good experiences at these properties. This one is not near the pier, downtown or much else. I think we will rent a car for a few hours just to get around and be able to go to a restaurant. You can do this at the Hertz desk in the hotel.

we stayed once at a marriott right across from the cruise ships ,it was really nice, its off a little marina really nice, if you call marriott reservations direct they have at times s thing called advance purchase thats a discounted room rate, but not refundable so you need to be sure youre going,., its a great deal, travel agents cant get it.....

See my review of the CB. La Quinta Inn was $69 a night with Auto Club Discount. They had a free shuttle from FLL to the Hotel. The next day they had a free shuttle to the Port. Free is my favorite word!!!! :)

You might try checking rates on Hotwire. You won't know the hotel until you actually book but you can choose the area and star rating so you won't go too wrong. Since you're arriving so late it sounds like you just need a clean place to sleep anyway.

I just picked a day in Feb (2/11/08 a monday) and their site was $249. You may or may not get it cheaper on Priceline - I have not been able to get anything in March and I have bid up to $150.

Ron

been bidding daily for weeks for 2/2/08. No luck not bidding more than $125 though

Bill

The Marriott Marina is now the Grande. We've stayed there a couple of times and enjoyed both visits. Last year, however, they were in the middle of renovation. It did not bother us since we were only there one night before our cruise and eager to get up in the morning and see our ship. We talked with some folks who had been there for a few nights and the noise in the morning had bothered them.

We've stayed at a couple of the airport hotels. They're not convenient if you need to pick up any last-minute items at a grocery store, pharmacy, or liquor store.

This year we're staying at Extended Stay America. It's conveniently located right near the Winn-Dixie and Total Wine. It's also the only thing I could get through Priceline for a reasonable price. I bid up to $120 for 3* hotels before giving up. We're not getting to the hotel until evening (which happens to be the night of the holiday flotilla) and don't need a nice pool area--just a clean bed and decent shower.

I reccommend this hotel..it has free shuttle to the port and airport pick up..it has free continental breakfast...Walgreens across the parking lot..and some really nice restrauants across the street. Rates are good and the service was wonderful. very convient...

Jan

Hello Snoopy!

My husband and I are sailing on the FEb.6th Island Princess to Panama Canal.

We are staying at LaQuinta in Hollywood (near Pier) for 134.00 a night. That may

be a AAA rate or senior rate. Excellent rooms, clean, continental breakfast, pick

up at airport and shuttle to cruise also...all free. They have a lovely courtyard there.

We'll be arriving 3 days prior to cruise. Maybe we'll even see you?

Joanne:)

I reccommend this hotel..it has free shuttle to the port and airport pick up..it has free continental breakfast...Walgreens across the parking lot..and some really nice restrauants across the street. Rates are good and the service was wonderful. very convient...

We stayed here last year for our Panama Canal sailing. It is clean and very reasonable and having the little strip mall across the street was very nice.

Archived