? Food Poisoning on Celebrity Summit 11/07 ?

Sarah81883

My mom just returned yesterday (11/9/07) from a 14 day Hawaiian cruise aboard the Celebrity Summit. After countless hours at the Emergency Room last night, the doctors diagnosed her as having food poisoning. My reason for posting this thread is to see if anyone else has encountered the same or has similar symptoms. I appreciate your taking the time to read my post and I hope to shed some light on the matter. Thank you.

Thanks for your kind words and concern. My mom is feeling a little better this evening. She did not eat on the plane or at the airport. Her last full meal was dinner on Thurs. 11/8 and a light breakfast Fri. morning 11/9 (both on the ship). Overall, she still loves Celebrity and enjoyed her trip, but at the same time, is happy to be back home.

of a PNW cruise a few years back. We had the best cruise on Mercury, ate everything in sight.......Had my regular (stinky), kippers for breakfast.

After walking around Seattle killing time before our flight back to Chicago, we decided to treat ourselves and eat lunch at a very upscale famous restaurant.

I ordered something I usually don't eat as I like to try new things, It tasted a bit off, but I had never had it before so I really wasn't able to make a comparisson.

We got to the airport, boarded and took off. As soon as we were able to use the rest rooms...I REALLY had to go. There was a bit of a line ( in the back of the plane ), and as I waited I started sweating...then next thing I know I'm on the floor of the galley with a washcloth on my head, and a doctor that was on board poking at me. Apparently, I had some really bad food at lunch and it took about 2 hours or so to manifest itself, and boy did it.....I passed out standing in line.

On the bright side I got to lay with my seat reclined while we landed:D .

I have also known others that have eaten airport food, or grabbed a snack after leaving a ship and gotten ill. Now I'm not saying its impossible for for someone to get sick from the food on a ship, but the doctor told me it takes less than a couple of hours, if not immediately to get the symptoms of food poisoning.

Hope all is well now...

Just thought I'd share. And no, I have NOT been back to that restaurant. in case you were wondering.

Dave:eek:

OMG ~ More than 1/2 of the passengers on The Summit were

coughing. In the theater at night, there was No seats that we

could sit in that didn't have people in front of us, behind us and

thru the theater, the cough was Everywhere.

Of course, I know the passengers could not help the coughing

but I kept thinking of all of the germs spreading on the ship.

It seamed as if the cough started as soon as we started the

4 day sail to San Diego.

And then on the plane, the 2 passengers behind us, Coughed All

The Way from San Diego to Kansas City. I ask them if they had

been on The Summit and they said YES.

Also, on the stomach symptoms, I met 3 ladies that 1 of them

had to go to the Medical Facility, as she was dehydrated from

flu symptoms and had to have fluids thru a IV.

The one that was ill was quarantined to her cabin for 2 days,

and the other 2 ladies traveling with her were quarantined to

the cabin for 1 day. They told me that Celebrity treated them

well, it was on the 1st 4 sea days.

Sarah ~ I hope your mother is feeling better as I had Norwalk

Virus on a ship in November 2002, NO FUN.............

This was also least favorite cruise but I met many nice crew and passengers,

so they will give Me Memories to Treasure...

Donna

We were also on your cruise and did not have a problem, one of our tablemates came aboard with a cold and cough, he only passed it on to his wife.

The service in the dinning room was excellent and we had a great time, we found the entertainment to be lacking this trip.

We were also on your cruise and did not have a problem, one of our tablemates came aboard with a cold and cough, he only passed it on to his wife.

Hi Bob, glad to hear that you had a great time!:) The dreaded cold and cough.... I caught it last year after our Xpedition cruise ... I was a little disgruntled that I was on a bus with a husband and wife who were both infected with it, as I was a few days later, but they probably caught it from someone on the ship, who caught it from someone else on the ship, who caught it from someone in a hotel, who caught it from someone on the plane. And the cold probably didn't stop with me. One of the hazards of travel. :eek:

Archived