Formal for 8 yr old girl

deanchrs

I don't know if you have a Costco nearby, but I just got my 6 year old her 2 formal dresses there for $18 each and they are gorgeous! They just got a huge rack for the holidays.

Also, I was at Burlington Coat Factory today and they had racks and racks for formal style dresses for little girls, all very reasonably priced.

I found my daughter's first communion dress and a recent cruise formal on Ebay.

There are several Ebay stores that sell new girls formal dresses at great prices. If you type in Girls Flowergirl Dress, or Girls Pageant Dress lots of styles come up, most brand new.

Here's a link to one with some sparkle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURGUNDY-SPARKLING-A-LINE-PAGEANT-FLOWER-GIRL-DRESS-6_W0QQitemZ290178573538QQihZ019QQcategoryZ105495QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would try Children's Place. I have found in recent years their holiday line is very nice and really inexpensive. I recently saw a sleeveless burgundy dress with some "bling" for less than $40. I've also shopped at Justice Just for Girls and Limited Too for clothes for my nieces. Some of it is a bit over the top for my taste but you definitely will find sparkly items there. Finally, Sears is a hit or miss but might be worth a try.

Good luck.

I wouldn't neccesarily get a LONG dress for your daughter. When my daughter was that age, she wore a pretty "Easter" type dress with a fresh flower in her hair. After dinner, she could move around with her cousins and new friends without having to go back to the room to change. The flower was lost in all her fun! Ha

Another vote for Ebay....

My daughters both love sparkles and foo foo...

Ebay always comes through.

There are a ton of boutique vendors on there that sell gorgeous new dresses at a fraction of what you would find at the dept. stores.

I hate to spend a ton simply due to the fact that they outgrow them so quickly! While our clothes are often an investment, theirs never are!:rolleyes: ;)

8 year olds don't NEED a long gown! 8 year olds are little girls, and short dresses are appropriate. You can find "sparkley" girl's dresses in almost any department store! You don't want her looking like some "pagent" wannabe!

No she doesn't need one... I don't think the OP ever stated the length as a relevant factor.

Just because she is in a long dress will not make her look like a "pageant wannabe", and that is a ridiculous statement.:rolleyes:

I would try Children's Place. I have found in recent years their holiday line is very nice and really inexpensive. I recently saw a sleeveless burgundy dress with some "bling" for less than $40. I've also shopped at Justice Just for Girls and Limited Too for clothes for my nieces. Some of it is a bit over the top for my taste but you definitely will find sparkly items there. Finally, Sears is a hit or miss but might be worth a try.

Good luck.

LOL, that's the one I just got for my 8 year old! :D And on sale too, yahoo! Oh, and found her new dressy shoes at Walmart for $12! There are lots of choices out there right now.

I have dresses for myself and my 12 yr old, but am having a hard time finding one for my 8 year old. She wants "sparkles" since mine and her sisters has them. Any advice is appreciated. I'm trying to stay on a budget also........

Gracious! at this time of year with all the Christmas dresses out there for litle girls-you should have no problem, Dillards, Belk, Sears, Penneys all have racks of wonderful little girl's Christams party dresses-and many do not necessarily look Christmas.

If your cruise is not until January-you could probally wait and catch one on sale. If your cruise is later, in the spring, buy her an Easter dress.

LOL, that's the one I just got for my 8 year old! :D And on sale too, yahoo! Oh, and found her new dressy shoes at Walmart for $12! There are lots of choices out there right now.

That's great. I thought that dress was the perfect compromise- classy and traditional enough for the mom while being sparkly enough for a young girl. Yet, it was still very wearable- not too foo foo. Enjoy!

I have dresses for myself and my 12 yr old, but am having a hard time finding one for my 8 year old. She wants "sparkles" since mine and her sisters has them. Any advice is appreciated. I'm trying to stay on a budget also........

Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory in your area? I'm in CA and they're great! They're prices are like a Ross Dress for Less only on a much larger scale. They're great for boys/mens suits as well.

Laurie

Try this site: http://magickidsusa.com

and look for girls 7+ formals. Their close-outs are great buys as well.

They were my supplier when I sold children's clothing on eBay. Their retail prices are pretty decent. The quality of their things was outstanding. I was very happy with what we sold and so were my customers. I never had a complaint about the clothing and I believe it to be a great value. Lots of eBayers use Magic Kids for their items. They also have boys suits and tuxedoes. Although we never purchased any, I would assume their quality would be as good as the girls clothing.

-- Judy

Archived