Where to stay in Charleston before cruise?

karene2

My daughter and I will be cruising on the Magesty 1/12/07 from Charleston. I'm looking for a place to stay for 1 night that will let me leave my car at the hotel. Shuttle service to the pier would be a plus. Any suggestions?

Check out the Holiday Inn Riverview. They offer free parking and shuttle. That's where we're staying for the Dec 1 sailing .......... It's a special packing and you to ask for it .... Here's the web site ........

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/chsrv;jsessionid=SFTDRS5QU1G34CTGWANCIIQKM0YBWIY4?_requestid=706148

I just returned from the Charleston to Bermuda trip and I stayed and after MUCH research I chose the Wingate Inn off of Arco Ln. It is only 9 miles from the pier and a 15 to 20 dollar cab ride. Easy to get too, shopping outlets in the parking lot and several places to eat within walking distance. They used to do a shuttle but were overwhelmed so now they will call you a cab and let you keep the car on property for the duration of your cruise at no charge. In my opinion there is no need to look further, the Wingate is the place.

My daughter and I will be cruising on the Magesty 1/12/07 from Charleston. I'm looking for a place to stay for 1 night that will let me leave my car at the hotel. Shuttle service to the pier would be a plus. Any suggestions?

I would make Charleston part of the vacation because it is such a gorgeous town.

Check out The Andrew Pinckney Inn. You will pay for parking but you can leave your car in the Bank Of America garage and just walk down to the pier.

We just got back from the 11/3-11/10 cruise to Bermuda and stayed at the Ramada by the airport the night before the cruise. It was $100 (incl taxes) and they had a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the pier (and a free buffet breakfast). There was a couple on the shuttle with us that had driven there and were leaving their car there - they said the hotel didn't charge them any extra for the week's parking. The hotel is older and the bathrooms are showing a lot of wear but for the price and service, we were very pleased and wished we would have booked a night there at the end of the cruise as well so we would have had more time to explore Charleston.

Also, I know you aren't asking this, but I couldn't find this info before my cruise so I'll include it for anyone else who may need it - I called the Days Inn (historic district) since they were near the pier and although I wasn't staying there, they let me store my luggage there after the cruise (I walked from the ship - maybe 5 minutes) so I could spend the day exploring the city without having to worry about lugging around a suitcase. The woman at the front desk couldn't have been nicer and called me a cab to the airport at the end of the day.

Archived