accomodations in Sydney

cruiseaholic31

I'd check out several of the hotels near the pier in Sydney based on your budget and the type of hotel you like. We did the Priceline/Marriott Sydney Harbor deal since the price was excellent and it's within walking distance of the pier. But on this board and on several of the Roll Calls for cruises out of Sydney, there are several hotel reviews that would be quite helpful in making your decision. You'll love Sydney and any hotel near the harbor will allow you great access to many wonderful attractions.

I stayed at the Russell for a week prior to my cruise back in 2002. Loved the location and Sydney is a fantastic place to visit. I would stay here again on my new visit. Being just steps from Circular Quay was great and I loved to walk around the harbor area at sunset, the Opera House and bridge are fantastic when lit up. The was a weekend market in the Rocks and lots of activity going on each night.

There is a very active Roll Call for the Sapphire April 14 cruise in the roll call section...come on over and check it out. There are pictures and information for each port we visit. We have port activities and a pre-cruise cocktail and dinner planned and would love to have you join us. Just click Princess roll call.....Sapphire Princess and then look for April 14, 2008.

Sissy

We stayed at the Marriott Circular Quay last April before our Syd to LA cruise. We booked it through Priceline - bid $150. I just booked a room there for January 08 for my daughter and we got it for $160. Don't think you can get any better for a 5 star.

The advantage of the Marriot Circular Quay is that you can just drag your luggage across the street to the cruise terminal. It's just a few hundred yards away.

We stayed at the Old Sydney Holiday Inn pre cruise for our Syd - LA trip this year. Its a 3 minute walk to the cruise terminal! We dropped our bags with the loading guys at about 11am on the lower level, went and did the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb (5 mins walk up the road), then got on the Sapphire in about 5 minutes at 4pm...there was only one other couple in the terminal... together with 12 security and 20 odd Princess people. Its the way to do it. To show how close we were, heres the photo of the Sapphire from our bedroom.

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/22367/sapphire_128.jpg

Simon

Archived