Freedom or Mariner?

Well i am definatly planning my first Royal caribbean cruise, we found 2 cruises both western for around next may 2008. I have to choose between Freedom and Marinar..any suggestions? Both look great and I am not very picky, but if anyone has a preferance do let me know and why. thanks!

i have sailed the mariner and liberty (freedom's sister ship) and they are both beautiful ships. if you are taking kids, i would definitely choose freedom, it's a very family-friendly ship, otherwise, it would be a toss up for me:)

Well i am definatly planning my first Royal caribbean cruise, we found 2 cruises both western for around next may 2008. I have to choose between Freedom and Marinar..any suggestions? Both look great and I am not very picky, but if anyone has a preferance do let me know and why. thanks!

Just booked Freedom for next October! Did a bit of research and she appears to be a fabulous ship.If it is as good as Mariner I will be very very happy.:)

I love Mariner and would go on her again in a NY minute. Mariner is only going to be on the east coast until the end of 2008, so if it were me, I'd go on Mariner for the first cruise and then when you see how much you love it, you can go on Freedom.

Port Canaveral is the best port to sail from. Miami, to me, has a lot of rude people, including people who work at the port and far more traffic. Longer delays getting off the ship. We sailed Mariner in May and had no trouble with bad seas at all.

I think Mariner is also a bit less expensive than Freedom. At least that was the case on the trips I looked at. No matter which ship you sail, I know you will have a great time.

You can't go wrong with the Mariner. Of my 3 RCI cruises, Mariner, Navigator, Liberty of the Seas, she is still my favorite.

The only thing LOS had over the voyager class ships was the flowrider, H20 pool area for kids, the overhanging whirlpools, and a bigger gym and of course being the biggest cruise ship in the world (with the Freedom).

So if those things float your boat do the Freedom or Liberty. Otherwise I would go for itinerary and price.

Jimmers:)

Hi....I've been on both and love them both! The Freedom has a few perks....the Italian bistro on the promenade is fun. We also enjoyed the karaoke bar and booths, however the bar gets too smoky at times. The H2O zone kept the kiddies in one place, so the whole pool scene is better for all, I think. The gym on the Freedom could not be better- they have machines with TVs on them. Both ships are HUGE....but I like all the different activities, entertainment venues, etc. On the Freedom, they had group jam sessions with musicians after hours....great fun!

As others said, you can't go wrong with either. Some people prefer smaller ships, but I like them all!

Archived