Wine, beer, and booze carry-ons

Boatnutz

Just returned from 17 day transatlantic on the Emerald. WE took three quarts of liquor in our checked luggage. No Problem. We hand carried two bottles of wine with No problem.

We did see liquor being taken at the security check point for safe keeping until the last of the cruise by people who had liquor in their carryon.

Our booze was in plastic bottles not the original container.

In several ports, the security was manned at the port not on the ship and after passing security, you had duty free shopping which included liquor and wine. people who purchased here were not stopped.

Eaglewar

We always bring on a few bottles. And buy more in ports. We never have had a problem. I have seen the crew confiscate them and lock them up till the end of the cruise. You can try I think you have nothing to loose. Have a great cruise.

We have been on 2 previous cruises and took our own booze. I took 1 bottle of whiskey and 1 bottle of vodka. They were the smaller bottles and were made of plastic. I put them individually into a large heavy duty ziplock bag. I then put bubble wrap around them and put them in my suitcase in the middle between clothes. My wife did the same with a 4 litre box of wine. We never had any problems and that included an airline flight first before getting on the ship.

Klash1

We all know there are some subjects that get pretty tired after awhile: booze, tipping, dress code and now, fuel charges just to mention a few, but please remember some people are new to these boards and have no idea about checking to see what subjects have been covered previously. when you see these topics pop up, just skip by them. Don't stress over them.

Nita

We have a group of 12 sailing on 1/15/08 and I am curious about anyones experiences with carrying on wine, beer, or liquor upon boarding and also on the island stops along the way....any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks

If you are sailing out of San Juan once you get through to the gang way they will have duty free shops and you can bring your purchases on board in your carry on. No one was stopped on our last trip from there. I was afraid they were telling a story to get you to buy the spirits so we passed. Then we saw every one bring it on the ship with no problems.

Princess does allow wine and champagne and the last time we sailed they did allow beer. Don't forget the cork screw. With twelve people you can bring on alot of wine or champagne.

On:mad: NCL they will x-ray your checked bags and take any wine or booze in their orginal bottles.

Be safe , it would be a little hard to drink all that booze on the last night when they give it back.

Have a great cruise!

Not quite.

On NCL, at the X-Ray, if you have any liquids in your carry-on, you will asked to go to a table set up in the boarding area. That guy will ask you and will look in your carry-on to make sure it is wine and and the bottles are sealed. Then you will be given the option of paying corkage before boarding (charged to your shipboard account) or surrendering the wine and collecting it at the end of the cruise. So the basic difference between NCL and Princess "wine" policy is that on NCL one pays corkage even if one plans to drink the wine in one's cabin. On Princess, corkage is charged only if you take the wine to the dining room. /Sultan

On:mad: NCL they will x-ray your checked bags and take any wine or booze in their orginal bottles.

Not quite.

On NCL, at the X-Ray, if you have any liquids in your carry-on, you will asked to go to a table set up in the boarding area. That guy will ask you and will look in your carry-on to make sure it is wine and and the bottles are sealed. Then you will be given the option of paying corkage before boarding (charged to your shipboard account) or surrendering the wine and collecting it at the end of the cruise. So the basic difference between NCL and Princess "wine" policy is that on NCL one pays corkage even if one plans to drink the wine in one's cabin. On Princess, corkage is charged only if you take the wine to the dining room. /Sultan

I said that they were in our checked bags and they kept the wine until we went home. No option to pay a corkage fee. NCL Majesty.

I said that they were in our checked bags and they kept the wine until we went home. No option to pay a corkage fee. NCL Majesty.

And this is why I will never sail on NCL (or RCI again for that matter).

Back to the original post and Vince's response... I felt he answered quite appropriately in directing the OP to "do a search". I'd love to see the (polite) words "do a search" to every booze, dress code, tipping question that comes up. The OP's would learn a heck of a lot more by doing a search than by the cryptic and often confusing answers they may receive.

The bottom line here is that Princess has a more liberal alcohol policy than the other lines, and I would be VERY sad to see it abolished in the future because of passenger abuse. So therefore.... do you own research, bring on what you may, and stop talking about it already.

And this is why I will never sail on NCL (or RCI again for that matter).

Back to the original post and Vince's response... I felt he answered quite appropriately in directing the OP to "do a search". I'd love to see the (polite) words "do a search" to every booze, dress code, tipping question that comes up. The OP's would learn a heck of a lot more by doing a search than by the cryptic and often confusing answers they may receive.

The bottom line here is that Princess has a more liberal alcohol policy than the other lines, and I would be VERY sad to see it abolished in the future because of passenger abuse. So therefore.... do you own research, bring on what you may, and stop talking about it already.

If he had stopped at telling them to search it would have been better, but to carry on about how tired he is of these topics wasn't necessary. If all you saw on these boards was "do a search" you wouldn't enjoy reading them.

::sigh:: :rolleyes: :confused:

I really don't want remove this thread so I am closing it. Some people don't know how to use the search feature proficiently... I try to keep the number of posts on one topic to a manageable amount but there are ways to tell people it's already been discussed ad nauseum and then there "are ways".. the "ways" on this thread were entirely inappropriate!:(

Archived