Rays & Reef Snorkeling

sailfish1

I did it last April on the Dawn. One of the best excursions I've ever done. It was crowded but the coral reef was spectacular. It was better than snorkling in Bermuda or Belize. One of the first things I saw when I put my mask in the water was a huge shark. Scared the @$%^ out of me but he was friendly. I actually patted him. The variety of fish was amazing. If you do it make sure you bring an underwater camera. The reef itself was not as colorful as other reefs I've seen but the number and variety of fish was truly amazing.

The stingray part was fun. Lots of screaming and squealing from kids and adults alike. There were hundreds of stingrays.

Another positive of doing this through the cruiseline is you get off the ship first. No need to worry about tendering on time or getting back on time. I think Grand Caymen was one of the most fun islands I have been to second only to Roatan.

i highly recommend this as a private excursion Rays Reef and Rum Point. In any case make sure you do the stingray thing.

I wanted to do the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion but it wasn't offered on my cruise. We got to Grand Caymen at 11:00 and had to be back on board at 4:30pm. So by the time we tendered there wasn't enough time but by going through the cruiseline it maximized our time on the island.

Going on NCL Majesty, November 24th. Has anyone done the Rays & Reef snorkeling trip out of Grand Caymen? I would appreciate your comments & feedback.

Thanks!!!

We did it 2 weeks ago and it was alot of fun. We did a ships excursion and it worked out well. The dive crew was good and they had a digital camera and lap top aboard and put your photos on a disk--4 shots for $40, but when are you going to do it again.

Our cruise on the Pearl couldn't anchor at Georgetown due to the swells so we anchored at Spotts Bay around the corner. Three ships and a small pier but it all worked out.

Thanks Smelly Toes! I will definatly bring my underwater camera. I have snorkeled at St, Barts, St. Martin, Barbados, and a different snorkel in Caymen, but have not done the rays, I look forward to it. The reef you saw sounds great, I will look forwrad to seeing alot of fish!!!

Archived