immunizations

lovelyladi

My recommendation is to talk with your doctor. Yes, you will get lots of advice on this board but your best bet is to consult with a medical official.

Now, the Yellow Fever shot is only given at certain facilities and these are duly noted on the CDC web site. We used a place that has offices in many cities around the country call Passport Health and their web site is

http://www.passporthealthusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.locations

We met with a medical offical whose expertise is travel medicine. So, we went through the places that we would be going and they, in turn, recommended those vaccinations that we should get. I highly recommend them.

Keith

I will be on the Xmas/NYE Infinity cruise around the horn. Since I'm planning to do both a pre-cruise and post-cruise excursion, the post-cruise being to Iguazu Falls, the doctor at the travel clinic suggested that I should do Hep A, Hep B, and Yellow Fever. Typhoid and malaria prevention were also recommended, but he did not think they were necessary since I'll be in the tourist areas. I suggest going to a travel clinic in one of your local hospitals and consult with them. This doctor's advice conflicted w/ my doctor, but that's b/c she doesn't specialize in travel medicine. The travel doc also wrote me a Rx for Cipro in case I have an outbreak of traveler's diarhea, to take along w/ Immodium. I've already had my flu shot and my tetnus is up to date. Hope that helps.

Archived