Menus

CanadianEh!

Does anyone have a link to or have a copy of the menus for the main dinning room. We are on the legend but from what i understand it is fleet wide I am just trying to figure out what night is the best for the supper club.

as well what is the dress code for men and woman in the supper club?

i assume no jeans and a jacket but is it like a shirt and tie sort of thing?

I am going to need to buy cloths in Tampa just to dress up for all this :)

Does anyone have a link to or have a copy of the menus for the main dinning room. We are on the legend but from what i understand it is fleet wide I am just trying to figure out what night is the best for the supper club.

as well what is the dress code for men and woman in the supper club?

i assume no jeans and a jacket but is it like a shirt and tie sort of thing?

I am going to need to buy cloths in Tampa just to dress up for all this :)

This will help...... click slide show upper right, pause and then view at your own pace.

As far as dress code, I had explained that I had Tuxedo's for the 2 formal nights but did not have any other jackets for Nick and Nora's they told me dress slacks and a polo shirt were fine

2402226830089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

I know some here think that this is under dressed but as I explained, I wasn't planning on dining there so I didn't plan accordingly (we went with friends and I had made all of the reservations....a friend took us to N and N on a non formal night as a thankyou)

Thats odd....thats my post and I did not hilite "menu".......it comes across as my being rude.:confused:

What? I was just guiding the OP to your post with the link to the menus. I wasn't trying to be rude at all. My apologies if I've stepped on toes.

(I did a search for 'menu' because I knew you had posted it somewhere. That's why 'menu' is in red.....it's from my search)

What? I was just guiding the OP to your post with the link to the menus. I wasn't trying to be rude at all. My apologies if I've stepped on toes.

(I did a search for 'menu' because I knew you had posted it somewhere. That's why 'menu' is in red.....it's from my search)

No, NO....I thought that someone changed my post.......I had no idea that the search hilited words in post.

I thought I was comming across as rude to the person who I originally answered.

My bad.....no problems with you.

Thats odd....thats my post and I did not hilite "menu".......it comes across as my being rude.:confused:

The link is just telling the web software (the message board software) to highlight the word menu. This happens whenever you use the Search feature in the software.

Not meant to be rude at all!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I lived in Calgary, met my husband there and back in Thunder Bay. When are you sailing. Usually on your reservation web site you can access dining and usually will give you menus. We are sailing Feb 16/08 and will book Harry's after we board ship. We want to find out what is going on:

formal evening, entertainment, like you the menu. I won't miss lobster or prime rib in the dining room. If you have never gone to the restaurant (extra $30.00) you are in for the experience of a lifetime and most fantastic food you can imagine. Happy sailing. We are Tbay-eh on sign up. Cindy:cool:

Hey cdn-eh, what did you end up getting for flights to TPA

I used my aeroplan so we are flying Air canada

Got a red from calgary Toronto Saturday morning then a flight from Toronto to Tampa arriving at like 12:30

coming home we are staying sunday night and leaving monday same sort of deal TBay-TO-CGY

I noticed Expedia was showing some good flights from calgary- tbay all with a stop over.

what flights you got?

We are flying from Edmonton to Minneapolis to TPA and the reverse on the way back. I got a deal with Delta that I couldn't pass on for under $1100 for the 2 of us. I paid more than that to fly to Vegas last month.:D

The people that we are going with from Edmonton took a carnival flight same price 1100 for the two of them.

Thats is a great deal though we paid that per person to go to Vegas a year ago :) Dont you just love flying out of Canada they seem to do such a good job taking us to cleaners on air fare.

Delta i didn't even think they were around still i haven;t been on a delta flight for 15 years. That was my first time in first class :)

We live in Toronto and we were pricing Air to Fort Lauderdale and could not believe the prices. Air Canada and WestJet want 3000.00 for a family of 4 return. I then checked into flying out of the states since Buffalo is only 2 hour drive from here. I ended up getting us return flights for 1200.00 for 4 of us, and since the dollar is almost par it was a bargin. Thats with us flying out on the most expensive day of the year Dec 26 . We think it is worth the drive. All the more money left for drinking.....lol Our cruise leaves on the 2 of Jan but we are staying in Pompano Beach before the cruise.

It sucks to be a Canadian when it comes to flying. I cant believe that we can't even afford to fly within our own country. My FIL lives in Vancouver and it would cost us just as much as this cruise and a week on the beach just to visit him for the week. Needless to say we fly him here......lol

ANyway I just thought that I would add my two cents worth on the flight thingy...

Happy cruise all

Tracy

The menus for a seven day voyage are posted at the official Carnival web site. Go to Onboard activities...click on dining...then type in sample menus in the search bar....BINGO..seven days of menus.

And I hope they are up to date....From not knowing what I was getting to listening to sage advice on this board...I now know that the Chicken Satoy in Peanut oil is a most delcious chicken tender. And the Sweet and Sour Shrimp is jumbo Shrimp ..as big as prawns..and delcious.

Do the wise ones on this board have any more favorites..besides the Chocolate melting cake..I loved it too. And their pizza.Love that. And their cookies at lunch...very good.....and they cook better than me..and I enjoy every meal I don't cook. So does my husband.

OFF Topic.. but since I was ON Topic with one post..:p I thought I would chime in with the rest of the Canucks regarding airfare.. you are best to book early.. I booked a direct flight from Ottawa to FLL in June 07 for a Jan 08 flight at $1100 for 2 return.. that same flight today is now $2550 for 2 return:eek:

I am online checking fares daily.. when you see a deal grab it.. especially for a direct flight.

When we booked the supper club on Legend last December, we were told dress code is elegantly casual -- no jeans. Someone showed up for their reservation wearing jeans while we were eating our dinner there and they were turned away. There were a few men wearing jackets, but a lot had on golf shirts with nice slacks, which is what my husband wore that night.

We live in Toronto and we were pricing Air to Fort Lauderdale and could not believe the prices. Air Canada and WestJet want 3000.00 for a family of 4 return. I then checked into flying out of the states since Buffalo is only 2 hour drive from here. I ended up getting us return flights for 1200.00 for 4 of us, and since the dollar is almost par it was a bargin. Thats with us flying out on the most expensive day of the year Dec 26 . We think it is worth the drive. All the more money left for drinking.....lol Our cruise leaves on the 2 of Jan but we are staying in Pompano Beach before the cruise.

It sucks to be a Canadian when it comes to flying. I cant believe that we can't even afford to fly within our own country. My FIL lives in Vancouver and it would cost us just as much as this cruise and a week on the beach just to visit him for the week. Needless to say we fly him here......lol

ANyway I just thought that I would add my two cents worth on the flight thingy...

Happy cruise all

Tracy

I was born and raised in Buffalo (GO BILLS) and I would reconsider driving to Buffalo especially around Christmas time You could be facing a huge snow storm and could not get out of the airport. I remember big snow storms that time of the year.

Robb

I was born and raised in Buffalo (GO BILLS) and I would reconsider driving to Buffalo especially around Christmas time You could be facing a huge snow storm and could not get out of the airport. I remember big snow storms that time of the year.

Robb

Thanks we are aware of this. We fly out on the 26 of Dec....but dont cruise till Jan 2.....SO lots of room for problems and snowstorms....lol

When we booked the supper club on Legend last December, we were told dress code is elegantly casual -- no jeans. Someone showed up for their reservation wearing jeans while we were eating our dinner there and they were turned away. There were a few men wearing jackets, but a lot had on golf shirts with nice slacks, which is what my husband wore that night.

Once, on FORMAL NIGHT, a fellow we knew from the Blackjack tables showed up in jeans (supper club) - they seated him, and placed a jacket on his chair back.... :rolleyes:

Tom

Once, on FORMAL NIGHT, a fellow we knew from the Blackjack tables showed up in jeans (supper club) - they seated him, and placed a jacket on his chair back.... :rolleyes:

Tom

Off topic, but I love looking at your cruise pictures. It helps me make it through the winter.;)

Archived