Calica or Cozumel?

TravelGal22

I have not been to Calica, but I have been to Cozumel twice now, and it has some very nice attractions.

I am not fond of shopping in Mexico, as I HATE being harassed by people asking me to come into their shops, but I very much enjoyed the beaches, tour of the Tulum ruins and the swimming with dolphins I have done in Cozumel.

Hope that helps!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion Cozumel is beter than Calica. I used to work on the carnival Sensation and We did 4-5 day crusies to Calica and Cozumel. There is more to do in Cozumel but the beachs are better in Calica.

• 4 weeks later...

We've only been to Cozemel but have heard wonderful things about X at Calica and the cave tubing there. Can't wait to go there someday.

I hated the aggressive vendors in Cozemel. Perhaps if our trip to Tulum hadn't been canceled due to bad weather, the day would not have seemed a waste. We did enjoy the 2/$3 Coronas.

Since we still want to do Tulum which we missed, the ecopark near Calica, and the other big Mayan ruins close by, we are now considering flying into Cancun for a week. There is a lot to do and bad weather on one day in port can bomb the purpose for the whole cruise. We had a good time anyway but did not see what we chose the itinerary for. Good excuse for me to book another vacation! DH wants to do scuba and there seem to be lots of opportunities in this area.

Archived