RCL Shares--Dividend payment

englishmum

We have recently bought some RCL shares to get the OBC,however we have just received our first dividend cheque for the princely sum of $15.The difficulty I have is because we are in the UK I need to pay this into one of my bank accounts.One bank wants to charge me £50 and another one will not accept dollar cheques for less than the value of £20 [$40approx] ,plus they would also charge a fee of £5.The present cheque I think we will just frame but as there will be future dividends what can anyone advise on how to get future cheques made out in pounds sterling or will RCL pay directly into one of our bank accounts in pounds sterling.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Just have your dividends roll over and then you do not have to mess with the checks.

I thought of that after I posted my reply...Actually I thought that unless you specifically asked to receive them that they are automatically rolled over.

My broker has instructions to reinvest those dividends into RCI stock and so far I have purchased something like 8 additional shares. I don't know whether or not, if you purchase the stock directly, RCI would reinvest those dividends for you, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.:)

We have recently bought some RCL shares to get the OBC,however we have just received our first dividend cheque for the princely sum of $15.The difficulty I have is because we are in the UK I need to pay this into one of my bank accounts.One bank wants to charge me £50 and another one will not accept dollar cheques for less than the value of £20 [$40approx] ,plus they would also charge a fee of £5.The present cheque I think we will just frame but as there will be future dividends what can anyone advise on how to get future cheques made out in pounds sterling or will RCL pay directly into one of our bank accounts in pounds sterling.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to try and cash them while on board your next RCI cruise provided they do not have an expiration date earlier than that, would be interesting to hear the response the prusers desk would give.

You're right - I wasn't awake yet.:rolleyes:

3-6 nights = $50 (might be 3-5)

7-8 nights = $100 (might be 6-8)

9-11 nights = $200

12 nights plus = $250

And that's just what I think I remember. But, the $200 and $250 nihgts are correct.

I was going to correct myself again as I finally found the RCI info. Thank you for the right information.

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

This benefit is exclusive to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. To redeem,

please provide a photocopy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share

ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Mail to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Investor Benefit, P.O. Box 025511,

Miami, FL 33102-5511, fax 305/539-4645 or email shareholderbenefit@rccl.com. Must include proof of share ownership.

NAME:

ADDRESS:

CONFIRMATION #: SHIP: SAILING DATE:

CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY #:

Ask them to apply the check towards your fuel surcharge. :D

Really I would look at a US Dollar internet bank, it may be good to buy some USD now while Sterling is high to USD so you can make some on the USD investment when Sterling sinks back to a more historical level.

I would concider puting all divideds back into the stock. For such a small amount and the hassel of cashing a $$ check, it seams logical thing to do.

When yor stock grows to 51% of company it wont mater will it?:D

Archived