No Docs Yet - Should We Be Worried?

Pilot70D

We are booked on the December 7Th Connie Cruise and we haven't received our cruise documents yet. This is our first cruise with Celebrity so we have experience with X. Should we be worried? Our reservation is for a specific cabin and was made back in February.

I did look at the Celebrity website and all of the info for our reservation and final payment is there. Still, the War Department is worrying and fretting something fierce. I would hate to think about her having to unpack all the stuff (roughly two semitrailers worth) that she has already packed.

Thanks for any info and everyone have a great day.

We are booked on the December 7Th Connie Cruise and we haven't received our cruise documents yet. This is our first cruise with Celebrity so we have experience with X. Should we be worried? Our reservation is for a specific cabin and was made back in February.

I did look at the Celebrity website and all of the info for our reservation and final payment is there. Still, the War Department is worrying and fretting something fierce. I would hate to think about her having to unpack all the stuff (roughly two semitrailers worth) that she has already packed.

Thanks for any info and everyone have a great day.

Did you book your cruise through a travel agent? If you did, it is possible that your travel agent has received it and has not yet contacted you about it.

I once had a similar situation, called Celebrity and they told me it was sent to my travel agent weeks ago. Then when I called the travel agent, who had previously told me that she had not yet received it, she found it on her desk.

Also are you down for paper docs (through the mail) or e-mail docs?

Once they e-mail the docs to my TA who was waiting for paper docs. We finally got paper docs 14 days before sailing. I wasn't too happy.

In any case I would call whomever you booked your cruise with to find out where the docs are.

We didn't receive our Docs via the booklet form for our cruise in Sept. I had our TA send me E-Docs, and I printed out our luggage tags....enlarged and laminated them....and they worked just fine.

As long as you have your X-Press Pass printed, you'll have no problem whatsoever. All the needed information is within that pass.

We're on the same cruise. DW booked it directly through the Celebrity website. Unbeknownst to her, when she clicked a box that said something to the effect of "Click here to communicate with Celebrity via email," this meant we would only be receiving eDocs and nothing through the mail at all. We were disappointed, but we got over it.

By the way, we booked this cruise in March and I want to say we got our eDocs in early October.

The document book is really only a comfort item.

To get on the ship, you need two things

Your express pass (Which you can print out online at the Celebrity Website after you establish an account and sign up with your booking number)

Your passport

The only two things you need are the credit card(or cash deposit) for seapass card and a passport. If you are on the ship registery as you state you are, you are fine. Make sure when you drop your massive amount of luggage off at the pier, you get tags for all of it from the porter and fill them out once he reads your room assignment to you.

If you have your passport and your credit card the check-in agents can check you in and have you sign new documents. They can bring your record up on the computer by either 1. name 2. cabin number 3.reservation number so it would be easy to find you in the system. (your check-in will take a little longer, but you WILL get on)

I've been checked in two or three times without docs -- and on my way in no more than 10 minutes.

In September I had to join the ship three days late because my wallet and passport went missing in London. I didn't even have credit card or cash, but I was on the ship and on way to my room within five minutes of appearing at the head of the gangplank. And no docs.

So long as you have passport and credit card (the conceirge helped me to reinstate the card I had cancelled when it was missing) you can board.

Good luck.

love

joan

Archived