Bingo Issue

rolloman

One other item I forgot to mention about the Majesty sailing. A family member won the snowball jackpot. Exciting yes but interesting the payout was only $370.00 even more interesting, early the next morning (6:30 a.m.)she got a call from the asst. cruise director saying sorry about the low payout, we know we advertised a minimum of 1000.00 in the daily paper but it was a mis-print. What do you guys think? Be happy and forget about it or do you guys feel this is it an issue big enough to pursue??

I would be upset... mis print ,, yeah right i dont buy that,

they just paid out based on how many people were there playing.. thats not fair in my opinion....

anything is better than nothing, but she should have handled it while she was on the cruise.

I would say move on... unless they announced in the bingo room that the prize was $1,000 and were selling bingo cards based on winning $1,000.

As to the misprint, or bait and switch in newsletter - if they made it clear during the actual play, you had the choice to play or not play.

Did they announce prior to you paying your money that the prise would be less? If not they should pay you.

If they advertised it and you went there under the pretense of having a large jackpot you should pursue it.

It may be late now the time to argue your case was when you were on the ship.

Did they announce prior to you paying your money that the prise would be less? If not they should pay you.

If they advertised it and you went there under the pretense of having a large jackpot you should pursue it.

It may be late now the time to argue your case was when you were on the ship.

They did not announce anything during the Bingo. They focused on the 5000.00 jackpot if you hit on or before 48 numbers. Then at number 49 it seemed they started calling numbers really fast to just get it over with. On many other cruises they usually start pumping everyone for the guaranteed payout, but not this one. The funny thing is while all of us were shocked at the low payout we basically just went to dinner and then went to bed and then early am ( disembarkation day ) she got a wakeup call on from the asst cruise director only to say "hey you know the jackpot you won, sorry it was low and we know we advertised higher but that was a misprint" She said to him " So you woke me up to tell me that ??"

Somebody sure seemed to be covering their behind. Why else would they run the risk of throwing fuel on a small flicker ?? As for the go to the desk and argue about it idea, I mean come on, its disembarkation day, the line is long with people scrambling for disputes and who really wants to get involved with that. She could have debated on the phone ,but the out of the blue call woke her up from a dead sleep.

I have been to a lot of bingos on ships and the snowball has always been over a grand. The local VFW and nearby catholic church have a coverall payout each week equivalent to what she won, and its not even a snowball. And it damn sure is not at 20.00 for a card.

Usually I'm one of those people who thinks, "Move on" but in this case, no. I would have pointed out the print in the daily and asked for the full amount. On land, the organization doing the bingo would lose their gaming license for pulling that kind of bait and switch.

Viv

Does the misprint occur every week?

Does anybody have dailies from other week's cruises?

My thoughts are either they announce sorry for the typo at the beginning of the game or pay the advertised amount. Of course if the misprint occurs every week then we have a different problem.:)

With the ridiculous cost that they charge cruisers to play (the reason I quit playing), I would have been raising cane if they did not honor the advertised payout. They are making a fortune on these games. Look around at the people playing and do the math and then count up what they pay out. Total rip.

....don't know what you can do, but I vote to pursue it, too...cards were sold with the idea of winning $1000 for the SnowBall prize. Unless they announced the lower prize amount before starting to sell the Bingo cards for that session, then it was unfair to all and Bait and Switch....(those bingo games are expensive!):eek:

Did you/she bring anything home that stated the $1000 prize amount for that game? I've got all my freestyle dailies and collateral paperwork and nothing like that was advertised on our recent STAR cruise to Mexico.

Although we're an interesting bunch, I think it would be helpful to post the question on LawGuru dotCom and have the lawyers opine.

Archived