Florida Friends

Belle

I know there's still some rain and wind but what I've heard Frances is leaving you. I don't know where you all live but I hope the storm didn't do any damage to any of you or your familys homes. That YOUR ALL SAFE AND SOUND!

I know the power was out..hope you get it back soon so you can tell us how you all are doing.

I'm thinking of you all..my prayers and good thoughts still going your way.

Hugs to you all!

Thanks for the kind words Belle! Florida is pretty well trashed from Frances at this time. Power is out all over the state including here on the west coast. I'm 60 miles south of Tampa and we had a lot of wind and rain last night. There are spotty areas without power here as well. We're pretty much in the clear right now although just north of St. Petersburg is getting hit pretty bad yet with the feeder bands.

We'll get a few days off before we need to start watching and preparing for Ivan. :(

Lynn

Thanks for your good wishes and concern for us here in SE Florida. I am in Coconut Creek, which is NW of Fort Lauderdale/Pompano Beach. We were extremely lucky but it was a very long four days. Our homes were not damaged........but lots of trees down and debris. My power was only out for 12 hours -- we were lucky. My neighbors just 5 min. away were without over 20 hours and some still not restored.

Now.........my mother & I are supposed to be cruising on the Celebrity Century next Sat. (9/11) to celebrate my mother's 93rd birthday !! How dare Ivan interfere with our cruise!! We will wait a few more days and make a final decision.

Thanks for the kind words Belle! Florida is pretty well trashed from Frances at this time. Power is out all over the state including here on the west coast. I'm 60 miles south of Tampa and we had a lot of wind and rain last night. There are spotty areas without power here as well. We're pretty much in the clear right now although just north of St. Petersburg is getting hit pretty bad yet with the feeder bands.

We'll get a few days off before we need to start watching and preparing for Ivan. :(

Lynn

Hi Lynn!

My son is at school in Sarasota (RSAD), and went to Atlanta for the weekend. When he got back, early Sunday morning, he was actually surprised that he had power in his dorm (near 41 and Bradenton rd), as he said that a lot of the surrounding area was dark. I hope you guys, as well as everyone else in FL, get spared by Ivan.

My DD lives in Weston (Ft Lauderdale area) and they had some minor damage to their lanai, but other than that, they're OK. :D The storm shutters will stay on until they see where Ivan is going. :eek: Let's say a prayer that all the rest of our regular posters are safe.

Beth

Greetings from Coconut Creek.......NW of Fort Lauderdale. I actually went swimming this morning but then it rained most of the afternoon. We have a lot of trees down and debris but at least our homes are safe. Mom & I are still planning on sailing Saturday (9/11) on the Celebrity Century. We are scheduled to go to Western Caribbean but after over 30 Caribbean cruises I don't care where we go! Just wish us calm seas and good weather !

Archived