Early Risers

sogamusicman

Are the hot tubs open early. I usually wake around 4:30-5 am. I'd love to have a cup of coffee then head to a hot tub for a little while, before the ship is awake. I also go to bed fairly early, around 9:30 pm. Maybe I'll be able to stay up later for the shows. Doubt if I'll make it to midnight. Oh well, I prefer my mornings.

I don't stay up late. Normally, I go to bed and 10 and get up at 5:45. If I try to sleep in on weekends, I end up with a migraine, so it just isn't worth it.

I'm just not a late-night person. I don't nap, either. When I go to sleep, I want to sleep for HOURS! :p

Of course, I'm not young any longer. Long gone are my days of going out every night, staying out until 2, getting up at 6 and going to work, coming home and having a nap, getting up and going out again...

My body clock just turns off a few hours after dark. I think it must be the genes from generations of farming people. Up before dawn, to bed (in the summer) as soon as it was dark.

I agree,the coffee is strong..

I figure I am on a cruise ship and I

can drink strong coffee..

I just add some milk or cream/half & half

whatever they have and be happy....

At home I drink my coffee black...

I too am a early bird at home--3 or 4.am.....

On a cruise my schedule is a night owl,,

Try to get to bed around 1-a.m..............

There has been times I'll get up early..

Not 3,,maybe 6a.m........I enjoy walking

on the ship,around the outside decks........

I try to make myself take afternoon nap....

HAPPY CRUISING............:)

My DH stays up late with me but is one of those people that happily exists on about 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night:eek: . His favorite thing to do in the mornings is get up about 4:30 or 5am, grab his diet Mtn. Dew since he doesn't drink coffee, and go to the Lido and get pizza for breakfast. He says they always make him a fresh one at that time of morning.

Me, on the other hand - no way am I getting up that early, especially on vacation!:D

we don't go to sleep till about 3, so getting up at 5am would be torture, but you can always get coffee up on the lido deck. I'm pretty sure we've been up and about at that time having coffee. When we were younger we'd stay up all night and sleep by the pool during the day on sea days.

For those of you who are up so early, what time do you go to bed at night?

DH and I like staying up late (midnight - 1:00 - 2:00 a.m. or so) for the late night comedians, dancing, etc. so then I find it impossible to get up and watch the sunrise. :(

DH gets up early sometimes, but it's hard when we like staying up late too.

Early risers, do you take afternoon naps?

We are usually in bed between 1 - 2AM and up by 5:30 - 6AM. How do we do it? I have no idea. :p I never really sleep as soundly on vacation as I do at home (even though the bedding is sooo much better on the ship!) so I tend to wake up every couple hours. If I notice any light from outside I drag myself out of bed to go look. I guess I just don't want to miss a minute. I can always sleep at home, but I can only watch the sunrise at sea when I am on a cruise!

And no, no nap for me. They just leave me groggy.

I pack flavored creamers; that helps the coffee. I too am an early riser, and will take my travel mug for coffee, walk around the ship, then grab a cup and head back to our cabin. We have the balcony, but I try not to disturb DH as he sleeps later. I love being up early and watching the sunrise; very few people on deck. As for food, I have had pizza that early as well!

I too Pack Creamer, The name of it is is Bailey's Irish Cream;)

I rise at 4-4:30 every morning. I love the peace and quiet.

I go get a cup of coffee and sit in a quiet place on lido to read my book so DH can sleep in until 7 or so. At 6 I get a croissant to go with my coffee and then have breakfast with my hubby when he gets ready to go to the dining room. I think the specialty coffee people are there around 6 or so.

Every Cruise ship I haver ever been on is truly a city that never sleeps. You can get up at 2am 3 am 4am and you will see a few people up on the lido deck, or at the slots.

We are also early risers so most nights I hung the room service tag on the door for coffee to be delivered. I enjoyed starting the day sipping a cup of coffee on the balcony. The room service coffee wasn't the best so every day on our way to breakfast I bought it from the specialty shop . .yum! :) It sure would be nice if they had coffee makers in the cabins.

I enjoy waking up early. I wake up 4:30ish. having a balcony will be nice this time, I plan to call for room service coffee and enjoy the morning. My husband wakes up about an hour later. With some encouragement.

by the way we usaully do take a nap during the day if there is nothing going on that interest us, then wake up intime to go play. That way we don't miss the evening activities either.

If you are like me, and get up early (I rarely sleep past 5...), where can you go on the ship? Can I find a decent cup of coffee? My wife sleeps lare and I don't want to wake her. Thanks

Your just like us! My DH gets up by 5. Gets coffee, watches the sun come up, I think. He says they put out danishes at like 6. But, he says breakfast isn't until later:D . Than He bring me coffee and a danish. Such a guy! I don't bother telling him I have room service do the same when I go without him.;)

At home I am in work by 4:35 am. So sleeping until 6 is a real treat for me. We tend to be up and about pretty early. We always catch the shows at night and since it is vacation and I hate admitting my limitations we stay up way too late.

My DH is a nap person. He naps while I read on the balcony. He says there is nothing like a nap on the sea. His second favorite part of cruising.

DH is up at 6, no matter when we go to bed. He usually uses these early morning hours to check email, grab coffee for both of us, and stroll around the ship. I'm up whenever, it could be 6, it could be 10, depends on how much partying we did the night before.

Our balcony is where we prefer to be in the early morning, watching that sunrise is indescribeable.

I love early mornings on the ship, twilight time, stars still sparkling, sun coming up, crew swabbing the decks, nothing but blue sea in every direction. Ahhhhh.

from my first days of...in the 60's...there was boullion, and coffee and tea served to early risers on deck..lots of folk walked and sat in those wonderful deck chairs , that had a pocket for your name card reservation, and a warm blanket .Then after the sun was up, a fluffy beach towel appeared neatly folded, on "your chair, which for a small tip, was yours for the duration..no chair hog took your chair.. The "deck stewards" saw to your every need all day long. These chairs surrounded the entire deck , not only in the pool area. That was also before the days of most "Lido" dining areas. also, outside lunch everyday..outside buffets at later night sail aways.Ahhh, those were the dayss:mad: ..allll gone now

I remember :) too. Most, if not all, lines that used to do that are gone. Things have changed. Some for the good, for the - oh well. But there are very few who also remember.

Archived