what time should we arrive at Cape Liberty Friday?

mikemcf31

We got there at 10:45 a.m. We were all checked in with maybe 4 or 5 people ahead of us. But then we had to wait in that holding area until noon, since that's when the first shuttle busses were going to the ship. But, by getting there early you will get an early "number" and be one of the first on the shuttles to the ship. So it definitely pays to get there early. :)

We're going to be on the same cruise, I think we're probably leaving our house between 9:30-10:30am because I've heard that it takes about an hour to get to Bayonne from where I live. I'm not a big fan of sitting around and waiting, but I also don't like large crowds so I think I'll have to tough out the hour of impatiently waiting to see the ship! :)

We're going to be on the same cruise, I think we're probably leaving our house between 9:30-10:30am because I've heard that it takes about an hour to get to Bayonne from where I live. I'm not a big fan of sitting around and waiting, but I also don't like large crowds so I think I'll have to tough out the hour of impatiently waiting to see the ship! :)

Just remember Friday is Black Friday and there probably is going to be extra traffic all heading to the malls and there are a LOT of them in NJ.:D

Oooh, good point. I didn't think of that. Maybe we should leave around 9am. I just don't want to get there TOO early.

You should be fine with 9:30 or so, even 10am I just wouldn't leave later then that. It took us 1 hour and a half from Long Island, but it was on a Sunday morning and the roads were absolutely empty.

Archived