Formal Night Attire for NY Cruise out of Galveston

bd6862

We are traveling on VOS on the December 30th sailing. How dressed up do people get on NYE formal night? Our last cruise on Rhapsody the formal nights were basic compared to other cruises we have been on out of Miami and New Orleans. Thankfully my boyfriend went on a mission and came back to tell me I was way overdressed, so I changed into a cocktail dress. I am thinking NYE might be dressier and I can wear a formal gown????

Any suggestions?

Even the shorter cruises I've been on have had a significant number of folks in tuxes and gowns. The longer (7 day and up) cruises have about 95% of the people dressed correctly. A dark suit and cocktail dress are fine, too. Formal has a definite meaning--so there's not alot of room to play around with!

We are traveling on VOS on the December 30th sailing. How dressed up do people get on NYE formal night? Our last cruise on Rhapsody the formal nights were basic compared to other cruises we have been on out of Miami and New Orleans. Thankfully my boyfriend went on a mission and came back to tell me I was way overdressed, so I changed into a cocktail dress. I am thinking NYE might be dressier and I can wear a formal gown????

Any suggestions?

I have never cruised out of Texas, but all three of my NYE cruises have featured LOTS of people VERY dressed up for the occasion!

I would think that new years eve would be an awesome cruise to go ALL OUT on! I know I would. I do at home on new years eve. lol. Anyway, I would say dress as much as you want. What is the worst that could happen? You look better than anyone else? It's new years eve! Have a ball!

Archived