Saving on pictures

goLC

I agree with Larronry. At Disney we will spend about $100 on photos. With the photopass CD ($115) we received every photo on a cd with a copyright release and different embellishments which could be added to each pic. This could easily be done with your sail and sign card. I would think with the cost that would be saved on labor and materials could increase income. Also, if people knew this was available, they would buy more cds. If Disney uses this model, you know it is more profitable than the previous set up. BTW, I love the NCL program!

I agree with Larronry. At Disney we will spend about $100 on photos. With the photopass CD ($115) we received every photo on a cd with a copyright release and different embellishments which could be added to each pic. This could easily be done with your sail and sign card. I would think with the cost that would be saved on labor and materials could increase income. Also, if people knew this was available, they would buy more cds. If Disney uses this model, you know it is more profitable than the previous set up. BTW, I love the NCL program!

I love the Disney system. I believe Cruise Ships should go to this system as you can buy photos at home if you forgot to get them on the ship. I believe it would increase sales as people would go home, replenish their bank accounts, miss their cruising, and want MORE pictures of a glorius vacation! hehe

..........I find it way to crowded an area they seem like they are right in the walk way and sometimes it is very hard to get around.................

Those photo displays are place there purposely so you cannot miss them walking from the dining room to the theater for instance. It is the same philosophy as why they cram the grocery checkout stand with all that junk food. You just cannot ignore them.

How many candy bars do you think they would sell if they were back with the egss and milk. ;)

i know at one time anyways, the paper that the pictures are on...you can just "dunk" the photos in a solution, and the picture disappears. it allows you to re print another picture. therefore, reusing the same paper. or at least i had a photographer one time tell me that. so what appears to be a huge waste really is not. only if you rip up your photos and toss them in those tiny little trash bins they have are you being wasteful.

On occasion we buy them but, sometimes it is harder to get away from the photographers than to just give in.

I never even thought about the photographers. I planned on just saying no. Do they harrass you? I noticed in another post someone writing that the photographers don't like it. What has been the general experience?

I love the Disney system. I believe Cruise Ships should go to this system as you can buy photos at home if you forgot to get them on the ship. I believe it would increase sales as people would go home, replenish their bank accounts, miss their cruising, and want MORE pictures of a glorius vacation! hehe

I agree. I bought a lot of pictures when I got home from Disney. The crowd of people around the pictures are a huge negative for most people. Plus it would get people on a budget to buy some within the 30 days that didn't have/want to spend the money on the ship.

So I was reading this is thinking that it has to cost them money because of all the pictures they take that don't get bought. When I started to think about it more I'm sure it doesn't, It is terrible on the enviroment thats for sure I pray the recycle. When they are selling on photo for $25 and it only cost them not even a dollar to print it will out weigh the ones that are not bought. I'm sure the sell thousands of photo on a cruise. we normally on buy one but if everyone buys one photo at 25 dollars a piece thats like 72,000 dollars.

Archived