Sea Sick On The Inspiration?

TravelGal22

My boyfriend is a little concerned about feeling sea sick on our cruise. My travel agent suggested we go on a larger ship, the Legend, which is a longer cruise and more money. I'm booking a cabin mid ship on a lower level as to feel less movement but I'm wondering how much movement you feel in the public areas on the Inspiration.

WE were on the Legend two years ago & going to Panama Canal..Allot of people were seasick on the way down there. It didn't effect me but there were bags everywhere for guests...Don't think larger ships are much better when there are ten feet high waves..

Buy some Dramine and ginger tablets and hope for the best. They also sale a sea sick band in the shops.

I can not ride in the back seat of a car if we are going somewhere there are a lot of hills.

I also dive and I have been sick more than once on those little boats. I just throw up and go on because I am not on the little boat that long. Not worth it to take meds for me in that case.

I am never sea sick on any ship and because I book garantees I have been everywhere. Not even in rough seas. In fact, I love when it is rough.

I take Dramamine (sp?). I start taking it the day before so it is in my system. I keep taking it the whole time I am on the cruise. My son also. My husband does not have a problem. It does not make us sleepy:D

I agree Reno...I take the Non Drowsy Dramamine Chewables. They taste good. I got the orange flavor. Would take it at 8am the day before Cruising or flying, and will continue to take one at the same time each day.

tahiti:p

I was on the Inspiration in 14 to 18 foot seas and the vast majority of folks faired just fine.

It's not really the size of the ship you need be concerned with as much as the sea states. In 3 to 6 foot seas every ship feels like it's on land.

The Inspiration has stabilizers and will provide a nice ride.

Wal-mart sells wrist bands in the pharmacy department that he could wear. They really do help. I wear them mostly for the plane ride. I wore them once on the Inspiration when we were avoiding a storm and it was real rocky and I didn't get sick. There's also a patch that he could get from your doctor that you wear behind your ear. The best thing is just don't think about it and have a great time!

We sailed on Inspiration last year. The last night on board, we encountered a bit of rough water (there were barf bags stashed all over the ship, which wasn't usual). I was wearing the patch, and I didn't notice a thing. My HB came down with a bit of traveller's stomach, but we don't think it was due to the waves. My 6 month old infant was fine.

Truth be told, it was our first cruise. The roughest night was actually what I expected to be normal, so I was very pleasantly suprised. If you've ever done a sunset catamaran dinner cruise in Hawaii, the Inspiration will be like standing on land!

Archived