All Things Glory...

kinggartk

Hi Bakechef, since you've been to Canaveral before can you tell me if there is plenty of parking so we can leave our car there for the week?

Annette

There is a large parking garage which charges $12 per day, cash or credit card. It cost us $84 for the week.

Hi JeanG,

you mentioned you were vip check-in, did you have cat.11 & if so can you tell me if ther are lounge chairs on the balconies? Thanks.

We had 2 Cat 11 suites but would have done VIP check in anyway as I am Platnium. We had the room steward open up the dividers between the 2 balconies. It didn't have any lounge chairs but you could ask to have one brought there. I've attached some pictures with the divider open.

555843267_CarnivalGlory111707-112407505-Copy.jpg.94f8405723bfd9b624787dbd1bf226ea.jpg

1983537511_CarnivalGlory111707-112407506Copy.jpg.cc70610152ac99cdb1cc635b5cc96e72.jpg

MaryLou, robes are in all ocean view cabins. NOT in interior.

I always sail IS and though I don't use them I don't ever remember not having a robe, even before we were platinum.

Here's my 2 cents on the Glory. LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT

Like any Conquest class ship, they are a little confusing at first but they are my favorite ship and I'm glad they will be around for another 20 years or so (though no new ones in the future:( )

What really made the Glory my favorite cruise up to now has to be Port Canaveral, totally awesome easiest embark/debark I've ever been through (except maybe the inaugural Freedom from Venice but that doesn't count because we and the ship had been in Venice for several days prior to embarkation so there were no departing passengers and I don't think I even had to stand in line, we went over at 10:30 to an almost empty embarkation lounge and were probably the 8th & 9th people on the ship)

I can't wait to go on my B2B on the Glory at the end of the summer. We can't decide if we're going to sleep in at the end of our 1st week or go ahead and get off the ship (WITH NO LUGGAGE HASSLES) and go explore Cape Canaveral for the day. Or maybe we'll just enjoy a really quiet morning and early afternoon feeling like the ship is our own private yacht!

I always sail IS and though I don't use them I don't ever remember not having a robe, even before we were platinum.

Here's my 2 cents on the Glory. LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT

Like any Conquest class ship, they are a little confusing at first but they are my favorite ship and I'm glad they will be around for another 20 years or so (though no new ones in the future:( )

What really made the Glory my favorite cruise up to now has to be Port Canaveral, totally awesome easiest embark/debark I've ever been through (except maybe the inaugural Freedom from Venice but that doesn't count because we and the ship had been in Venice for several days prior to embarkation so there were no departing passengers and I don't think I even had to stand in line, we went over at 10:30 to an almost empty embarkation lounge and were probably the 8th & 9th people on the ship)

I can't wait to go on my B2B on the Glory at the end of the summer. We can't decide if we're going to sleep in at the end of our 1st week or go ahead and get off the ship (WITH NO LUGGAGE HASSLES) and go explore Cape Canaveral for the day. Or maybe we'll just enjoy a really quiet morning and early afternoon feeling like the ship is our own private yacht!

My only other cruise was on Inspiration (fantasy Class)...it was a little confusing at first too, but I didn't mind. I have heard that Fantasy Class layout and Conquest Class layout are similar. Is this true?

• 2 weeks later...
how are the aft cabins....we just booked 3..do the balcony doors inbetween open? what are the pros and cons of aft

We also had aft cabins with balcony. They do connect and the doors can be opened for you by your room steward. Balcony-connect doors can be fastened back to the ship to keep them open, but one of the rooms we had was a bad design since the balcony-connect door blocked the access door to the room so if it was fastened back, you could not enter or leave the room. Solution was a bungee cord that we always take along just for balcony doors. If you don't want to mess with the room steward, a 1/4" square drive with a tee handle will also open/lock the interconnecting doors. A spare handle from a garage door would fill the bill.

We had some very rough seas on a couple of days, but the ride was still pretty good considering the 12-15' waves.

I sailed Glory in Sept. Here's a couple of FYI's:

The entire aft pool area is non-smoking. Good or bad depending on whether you smoke or not!

If you stay at a Cape Canaveral hotel pre-cruise, the hotels will tell you that you can't get to the port before 11am. So the hotels that have shuttles will not start loading before 11am. This is an absolute lie! I know of two hotels that lie about it.....Comfort Inn and Radisson.

Please tell, which ones will shuttle you there earlier? And to you what is the best hotel to stay at?

What are the scheduled ports for your cruise?

Belize=Tender

Cozumel=Dock

Nassau=Dock

Port Canerval departs 4:00 9/13

Nassau 8:30 - 2:30

At Sea

St Thomas 10:00 - 8:00

St Marteen 8:00 - 6:00

At Sea

At Sea

Port Canerval arrives 7:00

We will be on the Glory in about 40 days!!

Does the menu change at all in the $30 pp restaurant and what is the menu?

I know what freiends of Bill W is but as I was looking thru the capers someone was so kind to supply there is a " freiends of Dorthoy" at the wine bar numerous times.

Glen

Archived