All Things Glory...

kinggartk

I was considering this ship for a cruise in Aug.

It has a b-ball count/volleyball, ping pong, waterslide(s), right?

So far it's the cheapest I've found out of Port Canaveral.

For 3 people in a balcony cabin it was about $2200 before tips.

Do they have lobster on one of the formal nights?

We did the Glory Eastern itenerary last May and it was WONDERFUL! Can't say enough good things about it! I posted a review on the boards, I think you can probably search the title "Great Time on the Glory" to pull it up. I absolutely LOVED our excursions, so if you have time check it out! Have fun on your trip! :D

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Seriously. The ginger + bonine has given me sea legs. I'm ready for an around-the-world cruise! :D[/quote]

I've taken ginger before for past cruises. How soon prior to the cruise do you normally start taking it, for maximum effect? How much do you take / how many caplets per day - that sort of thing? And what's bonine again - just a motion sickness pill, right?

Thanks!

[quote name='Froufie']Should be sunday and thursday nights! (and on our sailing thursday was the past guest party as well prior to dinner!)

Unfortunately no more midnight gala buffet - altho I believe there is still a mexican buffet one night on deck![/quote]

According to the recent Glory capers for the Western route at least, the mexican buffet happens at midnight on the night we depart from Costa Maya.

[quote name='kinggartk']We Sailed last May, and Yes they did have a Midnight buffet and a Choclate Buffet. Unfortunately I missed them both[/QUOTE]
The last time we were on Glory they had both the midnight buffet and the chocolate buffet and I gained the pounds to prove it!!! lol......She is a wonderful ship and we've brought back some great memories from our cruises on her!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='happy flamingo']Does anyone know if they have the mongolian grill on the Glory?[/quote]

[URL]http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html[/URL]

This says Glory has a mongolian Wok. Wrong?

[quote name='wolv4life'][URL]http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html[/URL]

This says Glory has a mongolian Wok. Wrong?[/quote]
I didn't see it when we sailed three weeks ago, and I walked around the Lido stations to see what was available. I know they have been adding it to ships as they go into drydock - perhaps they'll add it when Glory goes into drydock early next year.

[quote name='happy flamingo']Is it true that cigar smoking is no longer allowed in the cigar bar but only the sports bar? DH will be so disappointed - he loves a nice glass of scotch, a cigar and some good jazz in the cigar bar.[/quote]
Cigars are allowed only in the sports bar, and there was no jazz group on our sailing three weeks ago. Having said that, the ship's orchestra did perform some jazz during the cruise, and there was a really good classic rock band that performed in the Ivory Lounge (ex-cigar bar). My husband enjoyed cigars and jazz on our other cruises as well, but even he will tell you that the lounge was more crowded for the rock group than we ever saw for the jazz group. He just decided to forego the cigars on this cruise.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='nybumpkin']I didn't see it when we sailed three weeks ago, and I walked around the Lido stations to see what was available. I know they have been adding it to ships as they go into drydock - perhaps they'll add it when Glory goes into drydock early next year.[/QUOTE]

On the opposite side of the ship, in the same location as the deli is, the Mongolian Wok or something like that. It really isn't a true Mongolian setup though. The men working there cooked some food, but we weren't given the choice of things as we would have been if it were a true Mongolian BBQ.

They had great spring rolls, fried rice, some kind of noodles, and a couple of stir fried items daily. There were several types of sauce to use also. I think there was wonton soup too, but I am not sure.

We sailed on Glory 2/28-3/7/09. I enjoyed the food from the Wok and hope to go there again in October.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone ever stay in this room???? its right on the starboard side, corner almost aft! if so let me know what it is like, and if you have a few pictures either post them or i will provided my email...

thanks!!!:)

• 1 month later...
[quote name='katiel53']On the opposite side of the ship, in the same location as the deli is, the Mongolian Wok or something like that. It really isn't a true Mongolian setup though. The men working there cooked some food, but we weren't given the choice of things as we would have been if it were a true Mongolian BBQ.

They had great spring rolls, fried rice, some kind of noodles, and a couple of stir fried items daily. There were several types of sauce to use also. I think there was wonton soup too, but I am not sure.

We sailed on Glory 2/28-3/7/09. I enjoyed the food from the Wok and hope to go there again in October.[/quote]

Man...I can't wait for my next cruise!!!!

• 5 months later...
Would be great if recent Glory cruisers would post links to their reviews in this thread. It would help keep it current and be very useful to the folks who have booked her (or are thinking about booking her), so they can easily find those review threads to read.

She's been moved to Miami since anyone posted here, right? I'd like to hear some thoughts about embarkation there, compared to Port Canaveral (which I thought was the absolute easiest embarkation ever, until this past December when I was Platinum in FLL).

I'd also be interested in hearing some thoughts of people who have sailed Glory and other Conquest-class ships. I don't particularly like to repeat ships and have considered others, although I'm not really into the biggest ships. I love the Spirit class.

Or if you've sailed Glory and Splendor, what were your thoughts about the similarities/differences?

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Would be great if recent Glory cruisers would post links to their reviews in this thread. It would help keep it current and be very useful to the folks who have booked her (or are thinking about booking her), so they can easily find those review threads to read.

She's been moved to Miami since anyone posted here, right? I'd like to hear some thoughts about embarkation there, compared to Port Canaveral (which I thought was the absolute easiest embarkation ever, until this past December when I was Platinum in FLL).

I'd also be interested in hearing some thoughts of people who have sailed Glory and other Conquest-class ships. I don't particularly like to repeat ships and have considered others, although I'm not really into the biggest ships. I love the Spirit class.

Or if you've sailed Glory and Splendor, what were your thoughts about the similarities/differences?[/quote]

Here's the link to my glowing review...[URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=60327[/URL]. Everything was great. Embarkation at the new terminal in Miami (which was new for us, since we last cruised twice out of the older terminal) was seamless and effortless. We arrived about 10:30 and were onboard in under an hour, waiting in comfortable chairs for our group to be called. Have also cruised Valor (which we enjoyed) and Triumph (not so much, but it wasn't a "bad" cruise by any means).

Looking forward to Liberty a year from Saturday! :D

Will be on the Glory fresh out of dry dock on the 14th. On John Heald's Blog it says the glory will be receiving the "Serenity Adults Only" area. From what I can find today, this will be the first in the Conquest Class Ships to receive this addition.

[quote name='Cardinala']Will be on the Glory fresh out of dry dock on the 14th. On John Heald's Blog it says the glory will be receiving the "Serenity Adults Only" area. From what I can find today, this will be the first in the Conquest Class Ships to receive this addition.[/quote]

I believe that Freedom recently received the Serenity Area.

Here is a link to the deck plan ( Go to Sun Deck #12) that shows the new area:

[URL]http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=FD&icid=CC_Carnival[/URL] Freedom_236

[quote name='BCfan']I believe that Freedom recently received the Serenity Area.

Here is a link to the deck plan ( Go to Sun Deck #12) that shows the new area:

[URL]http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=FD&icid=CC_Carnival[/URL] Freedom_236[/quote]

Actually, that's the Sky Deck #14 that shows the Serenity area.

I am really anxious to see this on Glory. We sail 3/28 and I plan to make full use of the Adults Only area for some quiet reading under the sun!

Archived