$99 3rd and 4th person sale - RCCL

crusinmama06

I like to post any cheap offers I get for 3rd/4th rates because I know that translates into cheap KID rates. ;) :D

I just got this email. I don't know what the "select sailings" are. But you have to book between Thursday and Sunday of this week.

Bring the family together some more. Right now, when you reserve between November 22 and November 25, you can get half off your deposit!* In addition, third and fourth guests in your stateroom sail starting from only $99 per person on select sailings.**

Oh wow.

Which are your favorite ships again especially for the non potty trained. I know I saved a note somewhere but preparing for Turkey Day so a little scattered to find it.

Non potty trained crowd have an area on Freedom of the Seas/Liberty of the Seas/Independence of the Seas.

Freedom launched in 2006

Liberty launched in 2007

Independence is launching 2008 (I believe)

I just looked, no FReedom ships are available for $99 3rd and 4th. But there are MANY 4/5 day cruises for Feb. I just did a quick check for a fam of 4 for a balcony on Navigator of the Seas and it was $1,000 - 4 days to Cozumel.

It is killing me not to book it for my oldest's 8th birthday. :eek:

• 1 month later...

How often do these sales come up? We are a family of 6 (kids ages 1, 2, 3 & 4 - yes, seriously). DH and I have cruised together pre-kids, and are taking our first since having kids (without the kids!!) at the end of this month. We would love to cruise with our kids (hopefully with mema and papa along too) but airfare and cruise prices for the 6 of us make it pretty prohibitable. Plus, with the kids being so young, unless my parents take 2 and we take 2, or DH and I split up, I am not even sure we can all fit in one room (or that we would even want to try).

For those of you with kids, is cruising with them enjoyable, or should we just stick to land vacations as a family, and leave the cruising until they are older?

Thanks!

J

You could look into Costa Cruiseline. They have a kids sail free policy in the Caribbean. If you put 2 in your room and 2 with the grandparents you'd only be paying for 4 people (just the adults!).

I can't comment on if it's enjoyable as I began cruising with my sons when they were 8 and 10. I'm sure some other helpful posters will be able to give you advice.

Good luck!

Costa sounds like a good idea financially. My questions would be what age does their kids program begin? What is the temperament of you kids? I'm sure the 3 and 4 year old would be able to spend time in the kids program, but the 1 and 2 year old might not be able to. My son at 1 on a cruise would have been fine but at 2 (and we just did this) it was a bit exhausting. I would absolutely do it again but if I had all 4 and they were like my 1 I'm not so sure. My son would walk the track on deck for 3 hours after breakfast going up and down the steps unless we brought him off the ship to walk in the port. On the one day when we arrived in a port in the afternoon he did his morning walk and still walked the port in the afternoon before coming back to the ship to nap. Basically we couldn't get him to just sit and relax. Now he was the only kid his age that was like this. Most sat nicely on deck and the parents were able to relax and chat. I'm just pointing this out because only you know your kids.

Nap time my husband and I took advantage ourselves and napped. Sometimes both of us and sometimes one of us.

As far as how many can actually fit in a room a room of X size can be set up so many different ways on the same ship that sometimes you can get 5 or 6 and sometimes only 4. Ours was set up wonderfully with the desk and pullout sofa against the back wall(window). Our friends room was set up so that if you opened up the sofa (into the desk) you would have to climb over it in the middle of the night. Not really sure what brain figured out how to set up that room. Anyway if our room had two pullmans we could probably have gotten two cribs in it.

How often do these sales come up?

For those of you with kids, is cruising with them enjoyable, or should we just stick to land vacations as a family, and leave the cruising until they are older?

Thanks!

J

That sale has been available 3 times that I can track...Aug/Sept 06, then it was offered again in May 07 and Nov 07. It is on limited sailings and you never know when it is going to pop up.

You could wait for the next one or take the kids on an inexpensive Carnival cruise for 4/5 days just to see how they do. On Carnival, the older ships start at $229 per adult and $199 for the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin.

And yes, my kids love cruising more than any land vacation.

Thanks!

J

We cruised for the first time with our kids this past fall and they fell in love with it! When given the option to do Disney or take another cruise in 2008, they voted for a cruise! (Which was music to my ears!)

Enjoy whatever vacation you choose!:)

That sale has been available 3 times that I can track...Aug/Sept 06, then it was offered again in May 07 and Nov 07. It is on limited sailings and you never know when it is going to pop up.

You could wait for the next one or take the kids on an inexpensive Carnival cruise for 4/5 days just to see how they do. On Carnival, the older ships start at $229 per adult and $199 for the 3rd and 4th person in the cabin.

And yes, my kids love cruising more than any land vacation.

I haven't found any 3/4 person deals on Carnival for the Ecstacy out of Galveston :(

The price to bring a 6 month old along is $556.93 which I find absolutely ridiculous. :eek: I will be watching for specials....

I haven't found any 3/4 person deals on Carnival for the Ecstacy out of Galveston :(

The price to bring a 6 month old along is $556.93 which I find absolutely ridiculous. :eek: I will be watching for specials....

Yes there are. I just checked Feb 4th and the kids are $239 for 5 days out of Galveston. ;)

Here is the best way to check their prices.

--Go to www.carnival.com

--Click on Advanced Search, then go to the bottom and select "Ecstasy"

--Then click on how many days you want and itinterary

--Then at the bottom of the screen it will list ALL "starting at" prices for the next 2 years. Just click on the cheapest Starting At price in a time period that you want to go.

--Then click "Book Now" and enter 3 people. See how much the 3rd person is.

Yes there are. I just checked Feb 4th and the kids are $239 for 5 days out of Galveston. ;)

Here is the best way to check their prices.

--Go to www.carnival.com

--Click on Advanced Search, then go to the bottom and select "Ecstasy"

--Then click on how many days you want and itinterary

--Then at the bottom of the screen it will list ALL "starting at" prices for the next 2 years. Just click on the cheapest Starting At price in a time period that you want to go.

--Then click "Book Now" and enter 3 people. See how much the 3rd person is.

Thanks, I have been checking the Carnival website :) Unfortunately, we're looking at a family reunion cruise for this summer so no specials are available - at least right now.

I just don't know how they justify a price like that for a passenger under the age of 1 and can't even eat regular food yet.... Makes it hard for everyone to join us. :(

Summer time and the holidays are the most expensive time to cruise. It's going to be very pricey for everyone in your family to go then. Is there any way that you can change the reunion to April or November? We've cruised the week after T-giving a lot and love it!

I'd stear clear of hurricane season though, nothing like 25 foot waves to ruin a vacation.

Summer time and the holidays are the most expensive time to cruise. It's going to be very pricey for everyone in your family to go then. Is there any way that you can change the reunion to April or November? We've cruised the week after T-giving a lot and love it!

I'd stear clear of hurricane season though, nothing like 25 foot waves to ruin a vacation.

I cruise the week after Thanksgiving myself and love that time of year. However, with all the school and team sport schedules to work around -July is it. I always avoid the summer caribbean cruises myself but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do....

thanks guys for all of your advice. We have only ever cruised on RCCL, so I have never even heard of Costa, but will be checking them out today :) My kids are pretty laid back, but I still think at their current ages, DH and I get much more milage out of cruising alone, and then taking a family vacation somewhere else. Although, the two of us alone for 5 days brings along the very real possibility of adding child number 5! \\

J

• 2 weeks later...

HAL is currently offering the $99 deal for 3rd and 4th passengers for Alaskan cruises that ship in May. We're doing a 7-day Alaskan cruise the last week in May for 4 people for a little over $1,600 total (includes taxes, fees, and fuel!). I think that's a pretty good deal, but I'd bet many could top it!

HAL is currently offering the $99 deal for 3rd and 4th passengers for Alaskan cruises that ship in May. We're doing a 7-day Alaskan cruise the last week in May for 4 people for a little over $1,600 total (includes taxes, fees, and fuel!). I think that's a pretty good deal, but I'd bet many could top it!

That's a steal for Alaska! Holy Cow! Yeah I would take that price and run.

Great prices everyone! It's nice that we can help everyone out.

Archived