free travel insurance from TA

mom60

I am planning my first cruise and I think I should buy insurance. However I see that a few on-line TA provides free travel insurance? Are they good? Anyone has any advise?

Never heard of it. I am thinking possibly that is a bonus your agent throws in. I like Travelguard myself. It is inexpensive.

Did you see my reply about your Mom's birthday cruise-just hope you will consider that with your mom. The older we get the less we enjoy crowds and since this is your gift to your mom you should really consider that.

BTW, if you look at the signatures of the other posters on that thread, ones who posted their birthdays were both under 40-so they would not be a good judge for what your mom would like. Maybe I am not either-so it may be good to ask her if she would like going on a huge crowded ship.

Also, you could consider a radience class ship, it is the RCCL class ship that is designed more for people your mother's age then for young families like the voyager class.

I am planning my first cruise and I think I should buy insurance. However I see that a few on-line TA provides free travel insurance? Are they good? Anyone has any advise?

I have received such a thing and after reviewing the policy, I put it on the OK list. My suggestion is to get a copy of the policy and review it yourself (that goes for either way you get it). There is a free look period that allowsl you to cancel if you don't like what you read.

Good luck and have fun.

I use a warehouse TA who gives discounts on Carnival or OBC or free insurance on RCI. Their insurance is also cheaper. So given the choice of $27 X 2 for insurance or a $75 OBC, pay for the insurance and take the OBC.

You would have to weigh it yourself from the TA you are seeing the offer from. thats just the choice I was given earlier this week.

The policy you get for "free" is worthless unless it gives you the coverage that you need. If there are too many exclusions or doesn't have enough of something that you really need, ask for an onboard credit instead and buy your own insurance. It's a personal needs purchase. So you are the one to decide if it's a fit for you.

Archived