crosstown traffic?

trish1c

I'm contemplating going into my cousin's apt the morning we sail. She lives on the upper east side. If I leave her apt around 2 will I miss the boarding crowds? I figure 20+ blocks can't be that time consuming, even on a Saturday in January.

Good idea or no?

Whether it be on a Saturday, Sunday or a weekday traffic in NYC is very congested. Sometimes can be worse even on a Sunday if streets are closed due to parades. So, keep in mind even 20 blocks can take around 45 minutes or so. Just depends. And obviously, weather can play a factor. You could have snow in January.

If the official boarding time is say 1:00 PM you'll find that it is most crowded the first hour. Some will arrive earlier if they know you can get on board before the official time and others will arrive later.

Keith

I'm contemplating going into my cousin's apt the morning we sail. She lives on the upper east side. If I leave her apt around 2 will I miss the boarding crowds? I figure 20+ blocks can't be that time consuming, even on a Saturday in January.

Good idea or no?

If your cabbie takes the route through the park and down the West Side Highway, you should be fine.

Archived