Did Carnival stop serving Lobster Tails?

hammsz

We had what they called "Lobster Tail" served with 4 large shrimp on the Sensation in September. I am not so sure it was lobster....very very small and rubbery....maybe it was a bad night. But on other cruises I have always liked the lobster but was not impressed this last time. :D

:confused: Just off the Imagination for 4 days. On formal night they served lobster tails along with 3 tiger prawns. The lobster tails were very small, in fact there was more meat on the shrimp. Have tasted better.

Had a great cruise.

Bobby

If the lobster is very small, they are most likely Danish Lobster tails. They are small lobster tails. Keep in mind, you can order more if you want!

I personally don't have the pleasure of trying any of the shell fish on board due to allergies, but my DH has always loved it on board but having lobster doesn't make or break our cruise for him. He would actually prefer Salmon or scallops.

No, it was Royal Caribbean. A poster on the RC boards wrote them a letter and this is the response they got. Haven't heard a thing about Carnival following their lead.............yet.

I had emailed the Crown and Anchor asking about if lobster is still going to be on the menu and this is the original answer.

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your email.

Lobster is not offered on itineraries shorter than 7 nights. However, it is still being offered on longer itineraries.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Christopher Fitzgerald

Customer Service Representative

I then replied with some clarifications since he says that lobster was not on 7 days or less, when in fact I had it on the 5 day Explorer and now this is the answer I just received

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your email.

We apologize, shortly after responding to your first email we were informed that Lobster will be discontinued on every sailing beginning in 2008. We sincerely apologize for the earlier miscommunication.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Christopher Fitzgerald

Customer Service Representative

:confused: Just off the Imagination for 4 days. On formal night they served lobster tails along with 3 tiger prawns. The lobster tails were very small, in fact there was more meat on the shrimp. Have tasted better.

Had a great cruise.

Bobby

Same on the 4 day Elation, Lobster size, 3 inches long. The record of eating the large lobsters is 9, I'm sure with these it will be 25.

Fred

When Red Lobster cleans my house, makes my bed, and puts a mint on my pillow, all while transporting me to exotic locations, then I'll think about it!

My post may have been misunderstood. My thinking was: if the OP cruises mainly for the lobster, why cruise? Why not save all the "hassle" of a cruise, and just go to a restaurant? (My original post intended toungue-in-cheek)

Same on the 4 day Elation, Lobster size, 3 inches long. The record of eating the large lobsters is 9, I'm sure with these it will be 25.

Fred

Here in the Northeast a lobsterman would be fined heavily for harvesting a lobster that small. Let them grow up!! Ship's lobster doesn't do much for me; I guess I'm just spoiled.

Jerry

I just found out that NCL just stopped serving lobster tails also and is now called a Seafood Platter with a baby tail on there. I also read that Royal Caribbean is doing the same and it appears that Carnival must be following that path. It really irks me about this as lobster night was always the best since you don't normally cook it at home.

We had lobster on the legend in October I thought they were fine. I ate 3 of them I would say they were 4 to 6 oz tails. I guess some are thinking they should be 16oz tails and if they served them they would complain that the price of the cruise would be too expensive. I guess it's human nature to B**** about something. I would like to read threads from passengers from the other side of the pound and I think they wouldn't be as harsh as some of us americans.

Mike

Archived