What to do with luggage post-cruise, pre-flight?

star117

We disembark in Whittier on a Saturday and our flight leaves from Anchorage at 8 pm that same day...there are 7 of us.

We were thinking of taking the AK Leopard Tour to Anc, but what to do after that, especially with the luggage. I think ALT will drop you anywhere downtown ??

If anyone has used them before and could enlighten me on the experience, that would be great.

Does the airport take luggage that early @ 12-1 for an 8 pm flight?

Can you check your luggage as you disembark? We'll be flying United.

I did read that you could fill out a form for $15 pp on the cruise - would this be for all of us or just the ones checking bags on the flight (our 2 kids won't have bags to check)? If I check bags through Princess, do I have to use their transfers from the ship to Anc?

Also, I would be open to ideas for what to do for the afternoon (probably 1-6 pm) and a good place(s) to eat.

One more thing - are there any hotels in Anchorage that we could rent for the afternoon in case my Father in Law wanted to rest?

Thanks in advance!

diana

Ok - did a little research -

Think will go with Alaskan Leopard (there are 9 of us now).

Went to the airport website, and there are resting rooms for rent by the hour.

I think we'll go to the Alaska Native Heritage Center that afternoon, but would welcome other ideas as well as dining options. Is gold panning available in the area?

I do also still have a question about the luggage, though, if anyone can give me some insight on that issue.

Thanks!

Diana

Don't know who you are cruising with, but Egan Center downtown is used by a lot of cruiselines for luggage storage. Perhaps ask Leopard if they can drop you off there??

Overall, airlines don't accept domestic luggage more than 4 hours prior. There may be an option with the cruiseline for a "baggage direct" option?? Again research this. The airport does have pay baggage storage, at a last resort.

You will need a 2 hour window at the airport, I believe Egan Center closes at 5-6pm, so if available to you, probably the best option.

Archived