Adjoining AB/Minisuite on Pearl: would kids get the perks?

twins2go

I am looking into possibly booking an AB penthouse adjoining a minisuite on Pearl in Alaska next summer for me/DH/our twin 2 year olds/MIL/FIL. But in that case, only 4 people in our group would be considered "suite" guests. If I booked the twins into the minisuite, would they still be entitled to the suite perks the rest of us would have? Of course, they would be with one of us at all times. I am mainly interested in the VIP embark/debark/tendering.

Of course, after we boarded, MIL/FIL would actually SLEEP in the minisuite, but I would name them in the AB so they would get the VIP cards, etc.

And another question: do all suite guests get to have breakfast/lunch at Cagney's, or is that perk only for CV and above?

Thanks in advance! :)

Actually, it looks like you can book kids in their own cabin as long as it's connecting to yours. I was reading the fine print this morning trying to figure out if you can do this, and it turns out you can. :cool: Here is the quote from the fine print:

"Minors under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older, who expressly agrees to be responsible for the guest under 21 during the cruise."

So my only question is whether there would be a problem with us bringing the non-suite-guest 2 year olds with us on the tender/VIP embarkation line, etc. :)

We did the same thing - booked an AF (us) on the Pearl adjoining an AB (parents). I fully expect no difference in service between the cabins. It's essentially one big cabin.

On the Majesty, we had a cheapo inside cabin, and my parents had an owner's suite. We got all the concierge perks too. They are extended to the whole family, regardless of type of accomodation. Pretty nice!

Actually, it looks like you can book kids in their own cabin as long as it's connecting to yours. I was reading the fine print this morning trying to figure out if you can do this, and it turns out you can. :cool: Here is the quote from the fine print:

"Minors under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older, who expressly agrees to be responsible for the guest under 21 during the cruise."

So my only question is whether there would be a problem with us bringing the non-suite-guest 2 year olds with us on the tender/VIP embarkation line, etc. :)

Please report back if you are able to book your children in the mini.

I booked an AC Penthouse and an adjoining balcony on the Spirit for August for me, DW, and kids (age 13 and 10). The suites on the Spirit have a maximum of 3 passengers.

I was told that I must have one adult and one child booked in each. My TA is my sister and she knows what she is doing. NCL would not let us book kids in one cabin and adults in the other.

It will work out fine as they are connecting cabins and the kids will be in the balcony cabin and we will be in the suite with the adjoining door open to the living room/dining area.

We were in an AB on the Dawn. It was a great cabin. Enjoy!

Please report back if you are able to book your children in the mini.

I booked an AC Penthouse and an adjoining balcony on the Spirit for August for me, DW, and kids (age 13 and 10). The suites on the Spirit have a maximum of 3 passengers.

I was told that I must have one adult and one child booked in each. My TA is my sister and she knows what she is doing. NCL would not let us book kids in one cabin and adults in the other.

It will work out fine as they are connecting cabins and the kids will be in the balcony cabin and we will be in the suite with the adjoining door open to the living room/dining area.

We were in an AB on the Dawn. It was a great cabin. Enjoy!

We have booked our kids in adjoining cabins 3 times so far (with no adult on the room). In fact, next March, we have only 2 adults and a total of 3 cabins. I am also a TA and I know one thing: If you do not get the right answer the first time, keep calling until you get it booked the way you want. It's definitely not a problem for us.

Robin

As long as you have two adults and two rooms, it should not matter how the booking goes. If they questioned it, you could always book one adult in each room, along with half the kids in each. Then you can always sleep where you want. This is not an issue UNLESS the kids are badly behaved and annoy other passengers - then they may get strict.

We have booked the AF for our daughter her friend and inlaws and the AB for us, I listed the two kids in the AF (both under 18) and the four adults in the AB so the adults would get extra perks, we were linked and it was all fine, just one big suite, we all got vip perks etc. no issues with the kids having the other room (which they actually switched into the AB bedroom) as long as it connects to yours.

Archived