OOPS They've done it again!

cgoingmom

My DH and I were booked on the cancelled Sun Princess Trans Pacific cruise in 2008. Many of us found out here on Cruise Critics that Princess was keeping the Sun in Australia and cancelling our cruise. We were never notified by Princess but a "good will" credit showed up on our Princess captian circle account a few weeks after it was being discussed here. I had to tell my TA about the cancellation and she called Princess who said they knew nothing about it. Well Seatrade has just said that the Dawn Princess will not be returning to the US, but will be staying downunder in 2009. Of course we were booked on the Dawn April, 2009 SYD to SF Trans- Pacific cruise. Let's see if Princess ever tells us about this one shall we.:mad:

My DH and I were booked on the cancelled Sun Princess Trans Pacific cruise in 2008. Many of us found out here on Cruise Critics that Princess was keeping the Sun in Australia and cancelling our cruise. We were never notified by Princess but a "good will" credit showed up on our Princess captian circle account a few weeks after it was being discussed here. I had to tell my TA about the cancellation and she called Princess who said they knew nothing about it. Well Seatrade has just said that the Dawn Princess will not be returning to the US, but will be staying downunder in 2009. Of course we were booked on the Dawn April, 2009 SYD to SF Trans- Pacific cruise. Let's see if Princess ever tells us about this one shall we.:mad:

We too were on the cancelled:mad: Sun cruise and are rebooked on the Dawn San Francisco to Sydney Sept 2008. I am sorry to say that Seatrade is correct. I emailed our TA and she sent me this link to the P&O press release on their website.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/princess-cruises-announces-major-expansion-in-western-australia.cfm

To everyone booked on the Dawn 2009 I know how shattering this news will be to you all. My thoughts are with you all and I do hope everything works out in the end.

Robyn

I'm sorry this happened to you -- twice; particularly since I know how popular these itineraries are and how quickly they sell out. A couple just joined our Roll Call for the 4/14/08 Sydney > LA Sapphire cruise after being on the waitlist for a cabin for 8 months! Even though you have been given 18 months' notice, the first opportunity to take a trans-Pacific cruise will probably be in 2010. Very frustrating for you. :(

Robyn-This is really not funny. I'm betting this far out we get $0. Those of us being left on the docks by Princess for a second time and for the same itinerary. This should be interesting what they do.:( :mad: :eek: :confused:

business

We too are victims for the second time, along with some friends that booked with us. However, I'm holding out hope that, with several months to go yet, they'll substitute another ship.

Archived