Bus to Port from Central New Jersey

bUU

I know I've read a bunch of messages about Holland America providing bus service to the port in Manhatten. Now when I try to use the Search to find them, I get results including "South American in March" and "Missing the Ship" -- nothing I can see that talks about a bus! :mad: Can someone please point me towards some recent threads on this, you perhaps have bookmarked?

I don't see much information about taking the bus from Central New Jersey. Does anyone have any NJ-specific information? (Where are the pick-ups? What time do they generally pick up at? Pricing?)

I don't see much information about taking the bus from Central New Jersey. Does anyone have any NJ-specific information? (Where are the pick-ups? What time do they generally pick up at? Pricing?)

I see you're from Burlington, MA. It does leave from Boston, too. Thats where we take it from...would that work for you?

I would call your Travel Agent. Ours arranged the bus for us. Academy has the HAL contract.

Academy Bus Lines operates the Motorcoach from Phila/NJ to NYC pier. As far as Central NJ I have booked the motorcoach from Burlington NJ (exit 5 of the NJ turnpike) I think it also stops in Wayne, Mt arlington, and Jamesburg NJ. The cost from Burlington is $49 a person and parking is Free - If you go there they will direct you to park in the back of the building. Once you put you bags on the bus they will be transported all the way to your Cabin. (Make sure you have the Bag tags on them) Also make sure you keep any hand carried bags with you as I've been told they move the bags quickly from the bus to the ship. The bus leaves Burlingtom at 8:45 AM. The number for Academy is 609 265 2400. You do book them thru your TA.

Absolutely nothing to do with the topic, but I have been attempting to establish whether if is possible to get a bus from Wshington DC, to somewhere in the vicinity of Lakewood, NJ. I am coming to the conclusion that it might be easier to take the Washington Deluxe to Manhatten and maybe then try some other method of getting to NJ. This year we took Amtrak but its hidiously expensive compared to Washington Deluxe. Does

anyone have any knowledge of this possibility.

Val

Academy Bus Lines operates the Motorcoach from Phila/NJ to NYC pier. As far as Central NJ I have booked the motorcoach from Burlington NJ (exit 5 of the NJ turnpike) I think it also stops in Wayne, Mt arlington, and Jamesburg NJ. The cost from Burlington is $49 a person and parking is Free - If you go there they will direct you to park in the back of the building. Once you put you bags on the bus they will be transported all the way to your Cabin. (Make sure you have the Bag tags on them) Also make sure you keep any hand carried bags with you as I've been told they move the bags quickly from the bus to the ship. The bus leaves Burlingtom at 8:45 AM. The number for Academy is 609 265 2400. You do book them thru your TA.

Hi there, new to HAL, doing the bus from Providence in January. Just curious if you or anyone else knows what they do with your luggaage at the pier when you arrive if you have a guarantee without assignment yet.(New to guarantees also):rolleyes: Would they just figure it out on their own by the name on your bags or leave it since it had no room tags on it? Any ideas or experience with this?

Hi there, new to HAL, doing the bus from Providence in January. Just curious if you or anyone else knows what they do with your luggage at the pier when you arrive if you have a guarantee without assignment yet?

First, the odds are excellent that you will have a cabin assignment before you leave home. The assignments are usually made sometime between 7-14 days before sailing, more or less, give or take, .... Keep checking the Immigration Form to see if the assignment is made.

If you don't have an assignment when you leave home sit on the right side of the bus---this is so you can see when the luggage is being removed. Pay attention to your luggage, then jump off as soon as you can to ask the porters to check the manifest to add your cabin # to your luggage tags. (You've already put them on your bags.)

Even if you can't catch your luggage (those guys do work fast) don't worry. The luggage will be taken, and the cabin # will be entered somewhere along the line.

I've taken the bus from Providence twice. Both times I had my carry-on placed under the bus, and both times I was able to get it off the luggage trolleys before the porters pushed it away. You'll have time, too.

Holland America offers a variety of motor coach services to the pier in Manhattan.

This service is only offered for round trip NY sailings though.

Closest location to you would probably be the Boston, south station bus terminal ... I believe the cost is $99 per person... and it picks up at 630am and you arrive in NYC at noon.

The best part is Boston is the first location they pick up so you can get a good seat.

I see you're from Burlington, MA. It does leave from Boston, too. Thats where we take it from...would that work for you?
We're going to drive ourselves -- this is for my mother and her husband. They live in Howell.

First, the odds are excellent that you will have a cabin assignment before you leave home. The assignments are usually made sometime between 7-14 days before sailing, more or less, give or take, .... Keep checking the Immigration Form to see if the assignment is made.

If you don't have an assignment when you leave home sit on the right side of the bus---this is so you can see when the luggage is being removed. Pay attention to your luggage, then jump off as soon as you can to ask the porters to check the manifest to add your cabin # to your luggage tags. (You've already put them on your bags.)

Even if you can't catch your luggage (those guys do work fast) don't worry. The luggage will be taken, and the cabin # will be entered somewhere along the line.

I've taken the bus from Providence twice. Both times I had my carry-on placed under the bus, and both times I was able to get it off the luggage trolleys before the porters pushed it away. You'll have time, too.

Thanks for the great info Ruth, I see you are across the bay from us, we are in Bristol. We are really looking forward to the trip and our first HAL experience and we'll definitely sit on the right side of the bus. (We wouldn't want our wine walking off without us ;) )

We took transportation last year from Jamesburg(Dayton), NJ and booked again for this year. It stops before us at Burlington,NJ and from our stop it goes directly to the pier. It is scheduled for 9:30AM in Jamesburg. Once your luggage is on the bus you never have to touch it again. It is excellent service.

We're going to drive ourselves -- this is for my mother and her husband. They live in Howell.

Gosh Bicker, I just don't know.

There are of course, frequent buses to the city from Howell as well as the train to Penn, from Mannasquan.

As printed in HAL publication INS-HAL8571 _ To New York from $49 p/p

roundtrip.

Departure cities are: New Haven CT, New London CT, Boston MA, Burlington NJ, Jamesburg NJ, Mt. Arlington NJ, Wayne NJ, Albany NY, New Paltz NY, Harrisburg PA, Philadelphia PA, Stroudsburg PA and Providence RI

When calling HAL, refer to it as Homecity Motorcoach. It took them a little while for them to understand what "bus service to the pier" meant. The operative wording for price is "From $49". The fine print is basicaly that the service is contracted and should it fall through for any reason, all HAL will do is refund your money.

We took transportation last year from Jamesburg(Dayton), NJ and booked again for this year. It stops before us at Burlington,NJ and from our stop it goes directly to the pier. It is scheduled for 9:30AM in Jamesburg. Once your luggage is on the bus you never have to touch it again. It is excellent service.

Does the price include the return trip? I live near Jamesburg and it would be wonderful!

From my travel agent:

Yes, HAL offers Jamestown pickup for $49pp roundtrip at the New Jersey Turnpike Exit 8A at the Park and Ride at 9:30AM on the day of the cruise. The request that you arrive no later than 9AM. Let me know if you would like to add it.

Thanks for the information whyme and bicker. I'm going to call HAL and if they can accomodate my husband's scooter, I'm going to book it. I only live about 10 minutes from Jamesburg. Otherwise one of my daughters will drive us into the city. They don't mind the trip, but if I could get rid of my luggage on the bus rather than at the port, it would be a big help and between the tolls and gas it's a pretty good deal at $49pp - not quite a limo tho, lol!

jane

Archived