Not so Enchanting?

t_champion

Has anyone heard what happened on the Enchantment last week? I heard there was some kind of problem... I don't want to start rumors, so if you were aboard and know anything, please pass it along. We are sailing her in a month and just want to be sure we should...

Has anyone heard what happened on the Enchantment last week? I heard there was some kind of problem... I don't want to start rumors, so if you were aboard and know anything, please pass it along. We are sailing her in a month and just want to be sure we should...

There were several threads about the electrical problems on the Enchantment. I will go search for you................

Here you go....http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=662083

I was on that week!!! As the ship was returning to port early Thursday morning they lost power in the central part of the boat including one of the propulsion (sp?) engines. Having said that they returned late to port which delayed everything!!! When we boarded we were given a letter saying that there was an electrical problem and that some parts of the ship had no AC and that they were working as fast as they could to fix the problem. Turns out the entire middle of the ship had no air!!! (I had AC :) )

Anyway, during the muster drill the captain came on to address the problem saying we would not leave port until 9 pm and that they were working as fast as we could and that due to the issue we would have a change in our intinerary. Around 7 ish he came back on to say that we would not be leaving until midnight...and...no Key West!!! (At that point we really hit the bar!!!:p )The captain mentioned that RCCL was working on compensation for us and as soon as he knew what it would be it would be passed along.

Well...midnight rolled around and we were still in Ft. Lauderdale!! My friends and I vowed not to leave the Schooner Bar until we moved and thankfully for those around us who had to endure our "singing" we pulled around around 12:30am!!!

Friday morning a letter was delivered to our stateroom saying RCCL has given each cabin a $200 credit to their seapass and that we would be getting 25% of our paid cruise fare back in the form of a certificate to be used for a future RCCL cruise. I was happy with that. Since we had an extra day at sea we were able to arrive in Cozumel earlier than planned and stayed much later as well. We were there from 8 am - 11 pm vs. 10 am- 7 pm.

The problems really didn't effect my group but there were some who had a rough time of it until the AC was running again. I ran in to an older woman who was having an asthma attack and needed to get back to her cabin to get her inhaler. I tried calling the desk to get a wheelchair...no answer so I went up and basically cut the line to get the lady some help!!! Finally they reached the medics who got to her pretty quickly and got her where she needed to be.

Was the power loss something that totally ruined my trip??? I would have to say no...I thought my compensation was fair. To others though I am sure it is a different story...but in the end we did get to 1 port and returned safely. I am just curious if our problem had any effect in the cruise after ours...that was a 7 night....

I hope this helps...if anybody has anything else to add please do so....

I was on this cruise too and we just rolled with the punches. Cruising is always an adventure. Our JS was affected by the air and opening the door to the balcony just brought in more hot, humid air. We opted to hang out in the concierge lounge. We went up to Windjammer and ate, we stopppped at spa to make appointments...later we had dinner in the dining room. We ventured out in the evening until about midnight and headed back to the cabin...i stepped out on the balcony around 12:15 and we sailed around 12:20.

We stayed an extra day after sailing in FLL and watched the Enchantment set sail. She left at 5:15PM---so not really a long delay. Have not heard anything about the 7 day yet.

Glad to hear everything is back to normal on Enchantment. We sailed on her several years ago (after the stretch) and really enjoyed the ship.

Thanks Carol. We can always count on you to find us the true details of anything that happens. You're a gem.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...midnight rolled around and we were still in Ft. Lauderdale!! My friends and I vowed not to leave the Schooner Bar until we moved and thankfully for those around us who had to endure our "singing" we pulled around around 12:30am!!!

Your my kind of cruiser turn a negative into a good time!!!! I bet your singing was great....had we been there we would have joined right in with you!!!! :D

Archived