229 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand with "insider cruising"

• Only been inside - totally content
    • Only been inside but would move up in a heartbeat
    • Tried the big stuff - glad to be back inside
    • Balcony snob only
    • Suite stuff for us
    • OK as long as I can see outside

We'll be staying in our first inside two weeks from tomorrow. This is the 3rd time I've booked an inside guar and the first time I've gotten an inside room. My parents got an upgrade to OV last time too. I think I'm going to like the darkness, but I know I like getting a really cheap cruise everytime. I say "Pay for the least you'll accept (being allowed on the ship :D ) and hope you get an upgrade." We are in the sleep, shower & change in the room club.

Inside all the way! This time we splurged and got a prominade cabin on the explorer, but I love the money we save and use it for excursions while in port. DH and I spend about 8hrs a day in the cabin and 7hours and 30 minutes of that are spent with our eyes closed. ... Also, we just don't "sit" well. We love the ocean and spending time on deck walking and enjoying the view. Can't walk very far on a balcony. :) To each his own, but an inside room fits us all the way!!!

DW and I spend the same amount of time in our cabin, regardless of class, as you - sleep, change, and all that. We're also out and about all day, walking laps on the fitness deck, relaxing in the Solarium, or hanging out with reading, knitting or watching the world pass by from a deck chair.

Booking an inside for me is the difference between cruising and not cruising. I'd stay anywhere to be on the ship! I would one day like some sort of suite just for the space, but right now I'm content! My boyfriend and I are young and don't mind sharing some close quarters... ;)

I admit, I voted as "Balcony snob only", but I'd take an inside if it was the only way to get to go.

There is one thing that would bug me about the inside cabins though. I'd probably sleep half the day away and I don't want to do that. With the balcony, many times I'm up before the sun and loving it. That and we chase down aft balconies for extra space.

A promenade cabin would likely solve that issue on the larger ships though.

I've only been on one cruise, but I loved the inside cabin. I work nights and couldn't quite get completely on a day schedule. So, it was great to be able to take a quick nap on a completely dark room. I would like to do a 3 or 4 day cruise down to Mexico this summer. I'll be booking an inside room again for that cruise, but in 2009, we are doing an Alaskan cruise. I'm planning on getting a balcony for that cruise. :D

I an insider only cruiser. My philosophy is, all you do is change and sleep in your cabin, so why not the inside. My aunts philosophy is, she'd rather see the walls then the waves of the ocean when she wakes up.

Of my past 6 cruises, I have always got an inside, pretty much everywhere. On my first two, the smaller, older ships, it was down below, then it was all the way to the top for explorer, navigator, and then my favorite, deck 6 aft by the elevators for mariner and freedom, and soon liberty.

The perfect spot for my cabin, deck 6 aft, right by the elevators and loyalty center, on either side.

I'm trying to think if I'm being honest here. I think I am. If I were offered an upgrade from an inside to a balcony for an additional $100 pp, I believe I would turn it down. Maybe a suite, but not a balcony. (Or do all suites have balconies?)

Archived