All Genesis rumors here!!

tony7518

I might be wrong but I was sort of thinking she might be sailing from Port Canaveral given that Mariner is heading west and appearently there is much construction going on their. I think that would be a great place to run East West Caribbean trips 8-9 months a year with some other trips thrown in. :eek:

Heavy-If they did that hip-hop junk 80% of the audience would A) not show up b)If they did,they'd be gone in 10 minutes....average age on cruises is about 45.....honestly,no one wants to hear even 80's music (which really stunk) recently,over 500 radio stations voted on the best music by decades,and as suspected,results were: 1) 70's 2)60's 3)50's 4)80's 5)90's and 6) 2000+...EXACTLY what I predicted when I heard about the voting...

Since 95% of the songs the last 15 years have no melody,no character,no harmony,no RIFFS,no musical instruments,and most have voice enhancements because they can't sing,it makes sense to present songs & music that are "classics".Remember,the people who do the choreography & choose the music are ALL young as are the singers & dancers-THEY have chosen music from the 40's-70's because that's the music that was real and had character..sorry,but I feel sorry for today's youth as far as music goes..my niece is 18,and she hates today's music-all she listens to is Led Zeppelin,Queen,Rush,Black Sabbath,Styx,The Beatles,and occasionally Marilyn Manson.BTW,if you go to the disco on RCI ships,they play mostly current music,or music from the last 2-3 years..try that.....

Big Al

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it junk. I'm not a fan of hip hop either but come on man.

I might be wrong but I was sort of thinking she might be sailing from Port Canaveral given that Mariner is heading west and appearently there is much construction going on their. I think that would be a great place to run East West Caribbean trips 8-9 months a year with some other trips thrown in. :eek:

Rumor is that Genesis will be heading to Maimi, which is usually where all first in class RCI ships go, and that PC will be getting a Freedom class ship.

Just got off the Navigator and caught the tail end of the C&A Party where the captain was talking about Project Genesis having glass surround hot tubs suspended over the ocean. I wouldn't want to be the first one to test that out!

Trudy

Do they not already have these on the Freedom class?

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it junk. I'm not a fan of hip hop either but come on man.

If there's NO singing(which there's NOT),AND no music(sounds are made by computers including the drumming),AND you cannot hum the song's melody-it must be junk...standing and TALKING into a mike with a computer behind you is NOT talent-I have neighbors who can talk into a mike.I do not compromise on this.I was in a band for 7 years and we worked very hard to get our 3 part harmonies down and get the riffs right.There are things that stink in this world.You may call hip hop entertainment,but don't call it music.Music is EITHER singing or instrumental,and since hip hop has neither,it cannot be music-it's entertainment.Just like NASCAR is not a sport..driving around in circles as fast as you can is not a sport-it's fast & furious,exciting,etc.,but not a sport.I am not a fan of Opera,but I can recognize you need talent and quite a voice to sing it.I am not impressed by a grown man/women who can talk into a microphone and can't sing a note.Could there be anything more terminal than a tribute to 50 cent? Josh Groban-now he can sing,though not my style.....I am a beer snob,cruise balcony snob,and a music snob-and proud of it.One must have principles in a world of such mediocrity...

Big Al

If there's NO singing(which there's NOT),AND no music(sounds are made by computers including the drumming),AND you cannot hum the song's melody-it must be junk...standing and TALKING into a mike with a computer behind you is NOT talent-I have neighbors who can talk into a mike.I do not compromise on this.I was in a band for 7 years and we worked very hard to get our 3 part harmonies down and get the riffs right.There are things that stink in this world.You may call hip hop entertainment,but don't call it music.Music is EITHER singing or instrumental,and since hip hop has neither,it cannot be music-it's entertainment.Just like NASCAR is not a sport..driving around in circles as fast as you can is not a sport-it's fast & furious,exciting,etc.,but not a sport.I am not a fan of Opera,but I can recognize you need talent and quite a voice to sing it.I am not impressed by a grown man/women who can talk into a microphone and can't sing a note.Could there be anything more terminal than a tribute to 50 cent? Josh Groban-now he can sing,though not my style.....I am a beer snob,cruise balcony snob,and a music snob-and proud of it.One must have principles in a world of such mediocrity...

Big Al

Wow......Couldn't gave said it any better than that! :cool:

... the 'usual' stuff such as rock climbing, ice rink etc.

EDIT: OMG. My signature said "Sailed!" I missed my cruise.

:D

Pretty cool we live in a world where rock climbing and ice rinks on a cruise ship are "the 'usual' stuff"

:D

There will be a another promenade type area called Central Park, and that is what others have mentioned with the trees, plants, skylights, etc. I also heard there will be interior facing cabins overlooking Central Park similar to the Promenade View Cabins on the Voyager ships, with one big difference. They will have balconies.

I'm sure there will be a lot of other surprises as well.

Ernie

Very Cool!

:D ;) :D

I am loving the idea of more relaxation and luxery. I don't need a rollercoaster on my ship. The outdoor theater shown on a sheet of water spray sounds good though.

Big Al

Hey I was just saying don't call it junk just cause we don't know how to appreciate it, I wasn't arguing whether it should be considered music. :)

I do agree with you on NASCAR though, I'm a WRC fan my self. :D

Archived