Waitlist bookings

teddycruzr

My husband and I have just had to cancel our vacation for tomorrow because his mother is in the hospital so I am looking for a cruise mid January or early Feb. but everything I pull up on the Princess web site shows wait listed. Has anyone ever booked like this and if so how long does it take for them to tell you if you have a booking or not? We prefer the mini suites which I know are very popular, but I'm just not sure how to proceed. Is it better to call Princess direct? Please help....we're going to really need this vacation and have it to look forward to!

We were on waitlist for Nov.25 sailing on the Dawn, balcony requested. We have been on waitlist for 3 weeks , on Monday we choose to cancel. The ship is full and the last day that would inform us was on Friday. This being a short week made it more difficult for us. We had also been in contact with them at least twice a week asking what our status was. Everything was sold out and only if someone would cancel would be our only chance to get on. We were on the Dawn in September and the Golden in October and we have friends leaving on Sunday, but it was not in the cards. Be patient and hopefully your dream will come true.:)

I was on the CB last January and they overbooked it so badly, they were offering folks a cruise in March PLUS a huge amount of OBC, at least to me it would have been a substantial amount. I was with a group and already booked my flight, so I couldnt have done it. I was playing bridge and multiple people said they had been called and said no thanks....so they must have called quite a few to get enough cabins freed up.

Id say now that January cruises are past final payment time, chances would be even less? People would now have to pay a very stiff penalty to cancel.

I noticed this morning that the Emerald Princess did not have any cruises listed as available for December or January. Winter months are prime because of the increased demand.

If you could be happy with a lower category of cabin, you might be able to find something easier.

Except for a few times during the year and some itineraries, most Princess ships sell out well in advance. Our Sapphire cruise next April was sold out well over a year ago and we've been waitlisted for a mini-suite for a year. A couple just joined our roll call after finally being booked after 8 months on the waitlist for a cabin.

You might try one of the big cruise outlets to check for availability on not only Princess but perhaps other cruiselines as well.

Is there any way to find out more info then the number we are daily? We are looking to try to get my mother onboard a waitlisted cruise. she has been at #12 for two weeks...I say she is not going to get on board...but I wanted to know if there is even a cabin out there that they called or emailed the people above us to see if they wanted it....lets say #1-11, hAve they offered to the other people a cabin?? some people will call and maybe cancel the waitlist and therefore she would move up..I have found not one person at Princess that can look this up for me, they say I would need all the other peoples booking numbers.....that makes sense for them, but a supervisor or corporate might be able to "see" the total picture as the days approach.

Marlene

Archived