Shuttle between JFK and Time Square or Brooklyn?

merela

Since there is no direct flight from LAX to LGA, my parents are flying into JFK from LAX. For their previous trips to NYC, they were with a tour group, so they didn't have to worry about airport transfers. They have booked on QM2 and Cunard only offers towncar/limo airport shuttle services ($199). This option is too expensive for them.

Are there less expensive options? Subway? Airport shuttle? Taxi? How easy or difficult is it to go from JFK to Time Square or Brooklyn via each type of transportation? How much would each option cost approximately?

I haven't booked a pre-cruise hotel for them yet. They'll either be staying in a hotel near Time Square or in Brooklyn near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. But first, I'll have to take into the consideration of how easily is it to get from JFK to either Time Square or to Brooklyn.

Although my parents are frequent travelers, their English is not as good as native speakers. I want to find out all the information they need to know ahead of time which would minimize the chance of them asking around the airport with all their luggage.

TIA.

Flat rate in a taxi from JFK to Times Square is $45 plus tolls plus tip. There's also the airport bus which will drop them off a block from Times Square at the Port Authority Bus Station (OW $15, RT $27 each) or drop them off at their mid-town hotel for $15 OW, $33 RT each. What's their native language? If it's Spanish, they won't have any trouble getting around here at all, and French and German aren't much of a problem, either.

If they are staying in Manhattan before the cruise, tell them to make sure to taek the address of the Brooklyn terminal. Many cabs still don't know where the Brooklyn terminal is and don't want to take you.

Cabs are not permitted to refuse to take you - if you have the address of the terminal then it willbe a lot easier to make sure the driver knows how to get there.

If they are staying in Manhattan before the cruise, tell them to make sure to taek the address of the Brooklyn terminal. Many cabs still don't know where the Brooklyn terminal is and don't want to take you.

That's exactly what we're doing. And can you give me the exact address of the Brooklyn Red Hook Terminal? Believe it or not, I have Googled the Brooklyn Cruise terminal and not one site lists the actual address!

That's exactly what we're doing. And can you give me the exact address of the Brooklyn Red Hook Terminal? Believe it or not, I have Googled the Brooklyn Cruise terminal and not one site lists the actual address!

There is no exact address for the Brooklyn Terminal. The entrance is at Bowne and Imlay Street in Brooklyn.

Just tell the cab driver to take the Brooklyn Battery tunnel to Brooklyn and take the Hamilton Avenue exit(its the first one) and follow the signs(its two quick lefts- a u-turn- making sure you don't get back on to the entrance to the tunnel). The Cruise terminal is immediately behind the Brooklyn exit for the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel n Brooklyn.

For those with GPS its Brooklyn 11231 - Imlay and Bowne Street....

If for some reason you don't want to take a cab use a car service. A cab in NY refers to the Yellow cabs licensed to pick up street hails, a car service usually a black or dark colored car picks up by prearrangement(you call or email) I use Arecibo or others recommend Carmel.....

There is no exact address for the Brooklyn Terminal. The entrance is at Bowne and Imlay Street in Brooklyn.

Just tell the cab driver to take the Brooklyn Battery tunnel to Brooklyn and take the Hamilton Avenue exit(its the first one) and follow the signs(its two quick lefts- a u-turn- making sure you don't get back on to the entrance to the tunnel). The Cruise terminal is immediately behind the Brooklyn exit for the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel n Brooklyn.

For those with GPS its Brooklyn 11231 - Imlay and Bowne Street....

If for some reason you don't want to take a cab use a car service. A cab in NY refers to the Yellow cabs licensed to pick up street hails, a car service usually a black or dark colored car picks up by prearrangement(you call or email) I use Arecibo or others recommend Carmel.....

Thanks for the directions. I'm printing them out...

With no physical address, how does the port receive mail?? :eek:

Thanks for the directions. I'm printing them out...

With no physical address, how does the port receive mail?? :eek:

It doesn't- they don't want any.....and the Post office knows where they are. You can write them at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal....Red Hook Brooklyn 11231 and I'll bet it will get delivered...

Archived