Favorite Port?

Browneyedhunni85

Ours is probably because it was our first.

Play Del Carmen.

It was such a neat port. We went into Cancun to do a shopping tour which was fine. But afterwords, we went back to the ship, got cleaned up and had a great time at the Senor Frogs there. Got back to the ship around midnight and just seeing this big ole ship all lit up at night was such a wonderful memory.

Ernie

So far, it's been Key West, but I haven't stopped at other ports besides Key West and the Bahamas - until my 2nd cruise on December 30th. I've taken land vacations to other countries (Jamaica, Dominican Republic) - but I'll reserve additional comment until I come back from my next cruise. :D

#1 - Half Moon Cay! - Can't beat having your own private beach with food only a short walk away! Love being able to wander down to the far end of the beach where no one else ventures to and enjoying my DH company all alone!

#2 - St. Thomas! Love the beaches, views and great shopping so close to the ship!

#3 - Key West! Can't beat the quaintness of the town and love all the little shops there. Good food to helps!

#4 - Grand Caymans - Love those stingrays and the Tortuga Rum cake is the best!

#5- Aruba - What a wonderful island to cruise around in a rental! People there were very nice and the beaches are great!

I know you only asked for our favorite, but I have so many favorites, I had to rank them in order!

#1 Half Moon Cay....loved the private beach idea

#2 Grand Turk Island....the beach at the pier and Margaritaville

#3 Grand Cayman.....the Turtle Farm, stingrays and 7 mile beach

#4 St. Maarten.....the beach and the shopping

#5 Cozumel.....Passion Island

You guys have gotten me all excited. We are going to St. Thomas & St. Maarten in March for our 3rd cruise. I hear it is so beautiful. Then in 2009 we get to book our honeymoon cruise and I really would love to do Grand Cayman or HMC. When we were in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach and had so much fun.

Favorite port is/was Costa Maya. Sadly, I think the Costa Maya I knew and loved is gone, so it may not be my favorite anymore. :( I loved the "untouched" feeling of the area, it just felt so rustic and relaxing, and it was gorgeous!

Second favorite is Tortola. Just amazingly beautiful. On my short list of places to take a land vacation!

Archived