Glory Thanksgiving - Dining room screw up

BellaWood

All in all we had a pretty good cruise on the November 17th sailing of the Glory. But the first couple of days I wasn't so sure. In fact I was down right furious.

There were six people in my party, 3 in each side by side balcony room. When we arrived at Port Canaveral and checked in I noticed my husband and parents dinner reservations were for 6:15 in the Glory dining room. My daughter, nephew and myself were booked in the Platinum dining room for 8:00. Okay, I head to the matre'd and he said to come into the golden dining room around 8:30 and he'd find us a table together temporarily and get it straightened out the next day.

The next day rolls around and about 2:30pm we receive a note under our door that says "Sorry we couldn't accommodate your dining room request." So I went again to talk to the matre'd and it was like to bad, so sad but the only way you can eat dinner together is on the lido deck.

My mom made a few phone calls, my dad and husband went and talked to the matre'd and were told the same thing.

By then I was livid because one thing we looked forward to was eating together in the dining room as a family. My daughter and I aren't big buffet people so I just ate from room service and the rest of my family took turns going to the 8:00 seating in the Platinum dining room.

Sunday evening my Mom and daughter went and the waitress said that there happened to be an empty table next to them but the matre'd gave it to the crew. She couldn't do anything only the matre'd could assign tables.

After finding this out I was even more ticked. So I wrote a nice lengthy note to the hotel manager. Delivered it to the purser late Sunday evening. I asked him at the VERY least to have thanksgiving dinner delivered to our room since our dining room reservations were messed up.

Monday night my Dad, husband and daughter went to dinner. The maitre'd did came over to them and said "Guess I'm the most hated man on the ship". Well, they weren't going to disagree. He said it cost him a bottle of wine but he'd moved a few people around and found us a table together at the 8:00 seating in the Platinum dining room.

Even the dining room hostess couldn't figure out how our reservations got split up, seeing as we were husband and wife our bookings were linked.

I'm very go with the flow but just could not believe that they thought this was okay. I tried to look at the bright side and enjoy what we did have but sorry even though I love room service blt's and peanut butter and jelly it doesn't compare to dinner in the dining room ;)

Sorry to hear about your experience. We, too, had a dinner reservation mix up. First, there were 13 of us & we all made reservations for the 6:15 sitting. One of the rooms was made through a different TA, so the reservation wasn't "linked". However, both TAs assured me that we could work out the arrangements once on the ship. Well, when we got our cards, we realized that all 13 of us were down for the 5:45 sitting & 2 in our party were way across the dining room from the rest of us, who were all at 1 table that fits 11.

I didn't panic as I felt confident that the Maitre De would be able to help us. However, we were sailing a full ship & there wasn't a way for him to move the tables around or change the time. He did tell us that we could show up at 6:15 & this wouldn't be a problem. We did this, but our waiter didn't seem very happy about it. We tried to get to dinner as early as possible, but never got there at 5:45.

We just did the best we could with the situation realizing that mistakes happen. We had 2 children that often went to Camp Carnival over dinner so most nights we could all fit at the table.

I'm glad you didn't let the mix up ruin your trip!

Archived