High fashion look on the high seas!

Willie T

Just wanted to share a little story that happened to me on our cruise last week. While on the plane to San Diego, my glasses broke. Well.. at the last second I had thrown in a dollar store pair of horn rims "just in case". So, if I was trying to see, looked a little dorky.

First formal night we passed on our pics, I liked my other dress better anyway. The night before the last formal night in the dining room, somehow I had last a tooth (plastic) right in front! Needless to say, I had quite a ":look" going. Had the formal pic taken, no glasses of course, with just a smile. Not the best shot. I tried to keep my mouth shut the last few days, but if you know me, that does'nt work all the time. At first I was really bummed, had had my hair and nails done special for the cruise look, but then thought, hummmm, just another funny cruise story!

I guess you were waitng for a crown replacement? I always hated that-even if you don't lose the temporary it does not look good at all, so I am sure you did not plan on having dental work right before a cruise- but that is awful you lost the temporary.

You know I do believe we care more about how we look then others do. So don't worry about it and remember the fun things!

I know what you mean. On our (first) cruise this past July, I was so stressed that I broke out with acne. (I'm over 40!) One of them was under my right eye and made my entire eye swell up. I looked like the hunchback:D . Fortunately the swelling went down a couple of days into the trip after many applications of all kinds of remedies that I picked up on here. Still don't know which one did the trick because I tried so many!:D

I try to make the best of everything!

I guess you were waitng for a crown replacement? I always hated that-even if you don't lose the temporary it does not look good at all, so I am sure you did not plan on having dental work right before a cruise- but that is awful you lost the temporary.

You know I do believe we care more about how we look then others do. So don't worry about it and remember the fun things!

Whenever I have a temporary crown I always carry a small tube of vaseline with me. A dental hygienist told me that vaseline will re-stick the temporary until you can get to the dentist for repairs. I don't know how it work and I never had to use it, but I have a mouth-full of crowns and they all started with temporary cement and temporary crowns. Of course, that's assuming you still have the temporary:)

Glad you had a great time considering all of the glamour!!

--Judy

Just wanted to share a little story that happened to me on our cruise last week. While on the plane to San Diego, my glasses broke. Well.. at the last second I had thrown in a dollar store pair of horn rims "just in case". So, if I was trying to see, looked a little dorky.

First formal night we passed on our pics, I liked my other dress better anyway. The night before the last formal night in the dining room, somehow I had last a tooth (plastic) right in front! Needless to say, I had quite a ":look" going. Had the formal pic taken, no glasses of course, with just a smile. Not the best shot. I tried to keep my mouth shut the last few days, but if you know me, that does'nt work all the time. At first I was really bummed, had had my hair and nails done special for the cruise look, but then thought, hummmm, just another funny cruise story!

I looove your attitude. I hope that you had a great cruise because you certainly deserve it.

Valerie:)

Boy, some of those stories make mine look like a walk in the park. lol

Not a crown, full upper plate. Guess I swallowed the tooth, I don;t know, but I did have super glue, and a friend had a Chicklett! No, we did'nt, but we had fun trying out the look. All fixed now.

Willie T, you make me feel so much better about my own cruise fashion mishaps. Mine haven't been in the dental department (YET), but I seem to have some "mess up" every cruise. Mine are usually foot related, especially when my feet swell so much I cannot wear shoes. This time I have purchased some sandals and dress pumps in a size larger just for cruises because I have given up the Cinderella step-sister-like struggle to fit my swollen feet into my usual shoes.:o

Again, thanks so much Willie T for sharing your story. It is a real comfort to me and I am certain it will help others too.

I know how you feel.

Leaving for Las Vegas on Friday and tripped on a rug in my living room and my cheek broke my fall on the coffee table and I have one big black eye.

We always work water stops during the marathon, so we'll be watching for a big black eye ! Right or left ? :eek:

Good luck and have a wonderful time in our fair city. :D

Great attitude!!!

My SO had his entire crown and post fall out on a piece of candy while in Gibraltar (no, not a temporary!). We still had about 5 hours while in port so we headed over to the Tourist Office and they provided the name and phone number of a dentist. Called them up and they took him in fifteen minutes.

Not only did they permanently repair it, but it only cost $40!! The dentist was great and now my SO wants to go there for all his check ups! :D

Whenever I have a temporary crown I always carry a small tube of vaseline with me. A dental hygienist told me that vaseline will re-stick the temporary until you can get to the dentist for repairs. I don't know how it work and I never had to use it, but I have a mouth-full of crowns and they all started with temporary cement and temporary crowns. Of course, that's assuming you still have the temporary:)

Glad you had a great time considering all of the glamour!!

--Judy

My hubby was told that too-and he had to do that but I was afraid he would swallow it in his sleep. he didn't though.

I have considered getting my front teeth crowned as they are not even-whats stopping me is dealing with those temporaries.

Boy, some of those stories make mine look like a walk in the park. lol

Not a crown, full upper plate. Guess I swallowed the tooth, I don;t know, but I did have super glue, and a friend had a Chicklett! No, we did'nt, but we had fun trying out the look. All fixed now.

I saw that Dennis the Menace movie too!

We always work water stops during the marathon, so we'll be watching for a big black eye ! Right or left ? :eek:

Good luck and have a wonderful time in our fair city. :D

My left! Which water stop! I'll look for you!

Thanks for volunteering!

Archived